A Conversation for h2g2 Fiction Central

New story...

Post 1

Kumetanzuka the capricious

Peregrin, I have a story to submit. Called Prison Break, at:

http://www.h2g2.com/A482582

It's actually a poem and a story; if that's not in keeping with the format of... stuff... let me know.

Thanks,
Lady K
~8~

New story...

Post 2

Peregrin

Thanks smiley - biggrin I'll put it up now.

I like the style, full of creativity... do you write poetry then? I'm useless at writing poetry and always admire people who can!

Oh, and h2g2 Fiction puts a story every week into the Post... is it OK if I use yours sometime? It's not required or anything, about half of the writers here have given me permission. It's nice to have a larger audience though smiley - winkeyesmiley - biggrin

The forum entitled 'Fiction' is where most writers are subscribed to, and when new stories are written I let them know in there. Join in if you want to discuss anything and hear about anything new.

New story...

Post 3

Yeah, I love writing poetry. You should try practice... it really does help. Most of my poetry is more expressive than rhyming. If you try it, try first saying what you want to say, in whatever words you feel BEST express it - to YOU. Let form and structure be your last considerations.

I'd be happy to oblige for the Post. I like to feel published smiley - smiley and I like reading other people's work too. It is definitely nice to have a wider range of readers.

The first story I posted, when I was new to H2G2, I tried subscribing to that forum, by changing the subject of the forum I had already posted in. I didn't know how to post then, really, and I'd forgotten all about it. I shall subscribe correctly now though - see if my Researcher skills have improved any since the summer!

Thanks!

~8~

New story...

Post 4

Peregrin

OK smiley - biggrin
I love poetry but can't write it very well myself, because I'm not very good at remembering specific words. I have plenty of ideas, but can often be found sitting at my computer, writing a Post article or something, and completely stuck trying to remember one word!
Unfortunately it's more critical in poetry than elsewhere...

But yes, I agree with what you say about poetry - it's all about expression. It is far more artistic than any other form of writing, as it tries to invoke feelings rather than describing concepts. Or something like that.

And I feel poetry is a very personal thing... one poem may make no sense to one person but mean the world to another, describing all that s/he feels.

I view poetry as the 'modern art' of the writing world - more about emotion than content smiley - winkeye

New story...

Post 5

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! So many times I have found that I have something specific I want to describe in English (my native tongue!). I will know what it is I want to say, and KNOW that somewhere out there, there's a specific word I'm trying to use. Sometimes I'll find another word that means the same but wasn't the one I wanted. Sometimes I'll KNOW the word in some OTHER language and spend my time trying to make it translate the way I want it to. Other times, I'll just have to admit defeat and/or come back later when it's often no longer fresh, or no longer seems important. It really ticks me off!

I find myself frustrated often, because my poetry IS very personal, but I want other people to understand me. When they don't, even though I thought my poem made perfect sense (since it connected with all logic in my own mind), I feel flustered. My best form of expression tends to be creative writing, so when it's missed or not understood, I am lost as to any other options!

Have you ever tried 'found' poetry? That might be perfect for somebody who can't find the specific words they want. The words are already there. You just have to turn it into poetry or put it on paper/wpeak it to look/sound like the poem it already is.

~8~

New story...

Post 6

Peregrin

Are you involved with the poetry society thingy on h2g2? (I can't remember what it's called but they have a column in the Post too) That and h2g2 Fiction have a lot in common really...

What exactly do you mean by 'found' poetry?

Removed

Post 7

Positive Feedback

This post has been removed.

New story...

Post 8

Peregrin

Sounds fun... I've never heard of that approach before. I'll have a go at it sometime.

New story...

Post 9

Yeah, I have seen some really cool stuff - one of the Beatles songs is a piece of found poetry... something about a circus poster...

It doesn't always have to be a character in a book or anything like that. You can take a piece of found poetry off a pill bottle, if it catches your eye. Whatever.

Cool analogy PF! And very appropriate.

Yes, I am involved in the lost poetry office in that I have posted a poem there and I have read the poems and posted responses to some. It's an interesting place, some very amazing work there too.

That's why I love H2G2! So much creativity all in one place.

~8~

Key: Complain about this post