A Conversation for h2g2 Fiction Central

A Part Of Me by STH

Post 1

sthwba

Little help? I have a cool story I'm currently writing. Ideally I'd like to add a chapter to the site each week. How do I go about it? I've no idea. Hell, I don't even own a computer and have to write my story freehand on the London-Birmingham train! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
STH

A Part Of Me by STH

Post 2

Peregrin

Hi,

Sorry I hadn't noticed your posting earlier, I don't get onto h2g2 much nowadays smiley - erm

If you look at the h2g2 help section, there's information about writing Entries - these are pages which you can write and edit. You could either write your entire story in one Entry and add to it every week, or create a new Entry for each chapter. Either way, if you do add your story to the site, then tell me the A number of the entry / entries (these are the address of the entry, found at the top right hand side of the page, it'll look something like A123456), and I'll add a link to your story from this page (h2g2 Fiction).

Hope that helps - if it's not clear then do ask for more help! There's also people hanging around the Help section of h2g2 (and looking vaguely more official than myself) who will be able to help you more with creating Entries and stuff.

A Part Of Me by STH

Post 3

sthwba

Hi Peregrin
Still a bit stuck. Have created an entry, A786828, but not sure what to do with it now. I would like to add further chapters as different entries but not sure if I'm doing the right thing. How many stages does an entry have to go through before it ends up here on the Fiction page?
As ever, any help would be great.
STH

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more