A Conversation for Fencing

How much would I get for this stereo?

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

Fencing is also slang for selling stolen goods - just thought you'd like to know smiley - winkeye

Post 2

Potholer

While looking around for the origin of the word 'fence' (apparently, it's derived from the Middle English 'defence') I found the following site :

The Historical Armed Combat Association : http://www.thehaca.com/

It's sightly off the topic of modern competetive fencing, but may still be of interest to some readers.

Post 3

Phil

To Fence could also mean the erecting of a physical boundry/barrier, usually made of wood or metal. smiley - winkeye

Post 4

Saint Taco-Chako (P.S. of mixed metaphors)

So damn funny I forgot to laugh.

If you want a good rapier, or just a good sword in general, try either www.armor.com or albion armorors (lost the link.)

Post 5

Penguin Girl - returned at last

I wawnted to take fencing...but I can't drive yet and therefor couldn't get to classes.

Post 6

Sabre

It's good fun. I only started when I went to Uni and it's not that hard to pick up. I enjoyed it so much I decided to write a Guide entry (my first) and look what happened! it's also, of course, what I based my name on. smiley - smiley
S

Post 7

Phil

Topic drift and word play. Happens all the time. Some people don't seem to like it too much though.

Post 8

Wand'rin star

Fairly easy to get back,though isn't it? I'd have missed out on some interesting or funny thoughts if the topics had been ring-fenced.

Post 9

The wandering topics are half the fun...

Post 10

We suredo have a lot of patron saints around here.

Post 11

Someone started it. I was one of the ones who copied it. But I should change it again. It's one of many ways of telling people about yourself.

Post 12

Ah...

Back at Anti-Social.com, I used to be ArchBishop Taco-Chako, the patron saint of low level pokemon, Final Fantasy's 5, 7, and 8, Granny Weatherwax based Discworld books, small rocks, and grape jelly.

Post 13

Doctor John (Patron Saint and Village Physician)

FYI Theoretically, you can only be a patron saint if you've been appointed as a Guardian Angel. See http://www.h2g2.com/A300943 for more infosmiley - fish

Post 14

Ahh..., yes. But I was appointed Guardian Angel of Slow Children At Play by the Archangel Fatt, himself a patron of Motorcycles and 60's era Rock and/or Roll.

Post 15

Doctor John (Patron Saint and Village Physician)

HERESY!
BURN!!

Post 16

I think I'll go change my name now...
*tiptoes off quietly to do so*

Post 17

Summer Dragon

Yeah, if you don't need a roadmap! I think I came to this sight origonally for dragons. Don't fence me in...(sorry, couldn't resist..and I"m sober!)

Key: Complain about this post