A Conversation for Fencing

additions/corrections, if i may that is...

Post 1

Cranth Kennel Owner

firstly, nicely done old chap.. it is great.. i had all but lost hope untill i read this peice of art...

but indeed!! 7kilos???!!! man no wonder i dont do foil...
max weight for a foil is 500grams... and epee is 750 gramms and a sabre is 500grams also...

lengths ate all now max of 110mm from tip toguard, and the post grip not allowed to extend more that 30cm from the inside of the guard.

hmmm the foil was used as a training weapon for the noble men, and the epee was the classic used by the dueling experts in the kings guard...

the sabre is from the calvery sword used as a side arm whilst on horse back, hence the target in moden sabre is only above the waist.
as the horse was down there...

that is all i can think of, well done again on such an exelant work..


Craig o the north island in new zealand...


Key: Complain about this post

additions/corrections, if i may that is...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more