This is the Message Centre for Abi

Ponies & things

Post 1

Keeza

Hi Abi,
I see on a cruise around the university that you had ambitions of including the New Forest ponies - my knowledge is a bit old but I worked for the MAFF in Hampshire in 1988 and part of the beat was to count and account for the ponies that were ostentiously New Forest and to check on their welfare etc... are you still looking for info on them ?
cheers
Keeza

Ponies & things

Post 2

Abi

ooooh yes I do - all info gratefully recieved - thanks Keeza!

Ponies & things

Post 3

Keeza

Ummm .. how do you want the info ? Would you like me to write a piece and make a page/ guide entry for you to grab or what ... also came across this site http://www.newforestpony.com which really has lots of the main facts but given we aren't to plagurise is it best to summerise and then link across to this site????
Thoughts ?
My only previous approved guide entry did do this and linking to outside useful sites gives the reader lots more but does take them away from h2g2.. unless we can get the link to open in a new window - can do that with html but not sure how that is done in guide ML or even if it is ?
What do you think ?

Ponies & things

Post 4

Abi

You can write the entry if you like - I sort of have a standard lay out but it is cool if you do not want to write it like that. If you do I will add your name to the University! smiley - smiley

Ponies & things

Post 5

Keeza

I wasn't meaning write it - twas just if I put it somewhere as a guide entry means you can cut paste it at your leisure etc.. I do want to do stuff for the University - heaps of topics yet smiley - smiley
Thoughts on linking off site ????

Ponies & things

Post 6

Abi

Definitely - it is something the editorial team try to encourage! smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Abi

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more