A Conversation for Welsh Language

Cymraeg

Post 1

Awel

Can you or someone else please teach me more of this glorious language? I have been trying to learn it without much success, due to the lack of information. Well. There is some. It's just I don't often get to talk to many native Welsh speakers. I quite enjoyed your article even if you don't have the time/can't/don't want to teach me! Just wanted to say thanks.

Cymraeg

Post 2

Huw B

The Article will be revised soon and should be much improved.

How you learn Welsh depends very much on where you live. Actually meeting other Welsh speakers, via classroom or pub, is the best way to do so. You've got to speak it to learn it.

There are many langage-learning resources on the Web, although as a speaker all my life I'm afraid I don't know where they are! You can ask for advice on newsgroups via SOC.CULTURE.WALES OR WALES.CYMRAEG.

You can now also get S4C and S4C2 anywhere in the UK via satellite - the easiest way to do this, I'm afraid, is to get SKY. I believe they have learners programmes. Send me a message if you want to discuss this further.

Hmmm...

Maybe there should be an entry on the best ways to learn.

Cymraeg

Post 3

Awel

I would love to talk to Welsh speakers, or at least to get S4C, but I live in the USA so this is generally a problem. I've found some of the learning resources on the Net but none seem to be complete enough to satisfy me. I know they teach Welsh in many colleges in the US but have yet to find one where they do. My father actually comes from a Welsh-German background but doesn't know any Welsh at all. Despite all the obstacles, I am coming along moderately well but of course in speaking Welsh I am nowhere near my English ability!

Cymraeg

Post 4

Gaggle Halgrunt

I can try to help you if you wish.

Karl

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more