This is the Message Centre for I'm not really here

Arguing with the vat man

Post 1

I'm not really here

Yes it's good to be in that position re turnover but they can do one!

I am dropping some services, not just for this reason, and creating others, as obviously I need to replace the income. But as the new services will be selling a 'product' to other small businesses (fingers crossed that carries on growing) instead of selling a service to customers I will be opening a second company (legitimately).

For those that don't know you can't split your company into two (which would usually only be for purposes of avoiding VAT) if it's still you working in both ie I can't split dog walking and dog boarding, or the pet care from the dog training because it's still me doing the work.

That the product I am selling is the same service I work in is not the point.

Arguing with the vat man

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Oh VAT. Ghastly memories smiley - headhurts I've probably said this before, and more than once - my VAT number is indelibly etched on my brain, and will be until the day I die, the way my dad's army number was.

You have my sympathies smiley - hug

Arguing with the vat man

Post 3

I'm not really here

Thank you! They want all sorts of figures, and projections, which I hate. So I just sent them last years figures, minus the service I'm giving up which brings us back down below the threshold. Once that's sorted I'm starting up a new company which will be a ltd co, selling to other businesses and will be registered with VAT from the start. Ha.

Then I just have to work out how to split my expenses between the two companies...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I'm not really here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more