This is the Message Centre for I'm not really here

Teenacher

Post 1

I'm not really here

Is it just mine, or are all teenagers capable of turning an offering of something ("Do you want this FF14 game as I hate it?") into a massive insult that requires them to shout at the innocent question asker?

This was shortly AFTER my comment that I will be picking up both the xboxone and the PS4 tomorrow, which triggered a massive argument...

smiley - headhurts

Teenacher

Post 2

You can call me TC

I just grit my teeth in those situations and think to myself - you wait 20 years, kiddo - then you'll be on the receiving end of this.

Sorry I can't provide any comfort. It's upsetting and surely he's old enough to realise that. I won't suggest you tell him what effect his words had - you'd have done that if it would do any good. You know him best.

It may help to try and remember what you were like at that age and see if you can work out what goes on in his head at times like that. Usually they don't really mean it quite as it comes out.

And, from experience, chances are that a day or two later he'll come up with something that will endear you to him again.

Teenacher

Post 3

I'm not really here

I was more surprised than upset - that I was trying to give him something and that upset him.

Of course he's lovely, he has decided he'll be doing the sunday roast from now on (although only because he doesn't like washing up roasting pans).

Teenacher

Post 4

You can call me TC

Hmm - teenage boys are usually good at inventing easier ways to do things.... like taking the roasting pan into the shower with them..

smiley - winkeye

Teenacher

Post 5

I'm not really here

I think he's working on sulking with some shouting as a defence these days.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I'm not really here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more