This is the Message Centre for I'm not really here

Hynotherapy

Post 1

I'm not really here

First session in 12 minutes. Bit nervous. Very good friend otherwise I probably wouldn't be bothering.

Trying to knock this needle phobia on the head once and for all.

Hynotherapy

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

How did it go? I tried it once - the bloke couldn't put me under.

Hynotherapy

Post 3

I'm not really here

We spent most of the session working out what didn't relax me (the relaxation exercise made me tense) so didn't get very far. Apparently my mind is in conflict with itself - close your eyes/No! Don't close your eyes! (argh eyes burning and tearing up as now hurting through not blinking) Relax/NO! Don't relax).

When we finally found some relaxation that seemed to be working (we found my happy place!) then we got more conflict. No I don't think I'll want or need to come back to visit this happy place when I need to relax. No! Don't leave the happy place! Stay here!

So I think we have to work through that a bit before we can get to the actual phobia.

So I guess I wasn't 'under' either. But I was told it might take up to 6 sessions.

Hynotherapy

Post 4

You can call me TC

Sounds like a very tense affair. Not relaxing at all. I reckon that's how I would be.

Hynotherapy

Post 5

I'm not really here

I thought maybe we should have done it in a pub... smiley - cheers

Next session is Wednesday.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I'm not really here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more