This is the Message Centre for I'm not really here

I guess I'm feeling a leetle defensive this morning...

Post 1

I'm not really here

Doesn't seem to be any fall out from last night that I've seen - except one nasty person I was following on Twitter who got everything wrong and wondered how I was 'allowed to run a business like that' and how people 'should know who is looking after their dog'. *Unfollow* I'm sure if the other local dog walkers saw it they'll be happy to spread it around. I'd forgotten how bad it was!

They didn't show how much I was complaining about other people's dogs pissing and shitting and vomiting in my house so all my time was taken up cleaning THAT up, nor that I was giving up home boarding because I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. Yes I know it was pretty disgusting UPSTAIRS where NOBODY ever goes. Downstairs I tried to keep on top of, it was more cluttered, but basically clean (ish). The carpet - well, that's what 7 years of other people's dogs do for your floors. It WAS being professionally cleaned every 3 months, and was waiting for autumn to be done again (filming was in August and is the busiest time of year -carpet cleaning always happened AFTER school holidays).

The neglect of upstairs? That's what being self employed and working 16 hour days (if not more on the nights the paying dogs scream all night as they have separation anxiety that clients don't tell you about) at a physical job WITH breathing problems for the past 18 months - so severe I've needed steroids TWICE in the past 3 months. Since I came back to a more 'office' role I have tried lots of times to get it sorted, and it was just too big a job for one person.

Do I regret it? No. Because trying to organise a new carpet being laid when you have nowhere to put the furniture (they put a marquee up in the back garden and there's never a time when you don't have other people's dogs in the house as well as your own), and you have to keep asking brothers to help out, organising a skip and having help to get on with it was really what I needed, and if airing my dirty carpets in public was what was needed it was a small price to pay. Everything takes so long when you're on your own - having 4/5 people moving furniture and bin bags, and carrying the heavier items while I handled the dogs meant everything went so quickly. Plus they had people who were paid to JUST GO AND GET DRINKS and SNACKS, which is like 'I want one of those'...

Key: Complain about this post

I guess I'm feeling a leetle defensive this morning...

More Conversations for I'm not really here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more