This is the Message Centre for I'm not really here

Sole Trader Vs Benefits

Post 1

I'm not really here

I've been a Sole Trader for a year now. smiley - biggrin

I am trying to get into the habit of taking some wages every time I pay in my takings, but it's hard to remember.

I'm frightened to take any money out because while I was building up the business and getting my van all kitted out I was still relying on a lot of benefits. Now there is money going in on a regular basis (not as much as I am aiming for, but more than is coming out) I want to take wages on a regular basis. I've been taking silly money out, but I need to start taking a bit more so I can lower my reliance on the benefits. After all, that is why I'm doing it, isn't it? It's not supposed to be a hobby nicely paid for by tax payers.

I'm just worried that everything will go tits up and I'll be left with nothing and a mortgage to pay. smiley - yikes

Why isn't there a 'terrified' smiley?

Sole Trader Vs Benefits

Post 2

Mol - on the new tablet

smiley - hug I'm not sure what a terrified smiley would look like ...

But that's great news, to have built up a business like that over the year. smiley - biggrin

Sole Trader Vs Benefits

Post 3

I'm not really here

It doesn't feel quiet enough to live on just yet, but I probably should at least try!

Sole Trader Vs Benefits

Post 4

I'm not really here

smiley - yikes Appt with the accountant on Tuesday to sign forms, review draft accounts (no, I don't like those, do some that means I make some MONEY please) and probably faint from the shock of the bill.

I'se a big growed up laaady now.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I'm not really here

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more