A Conversation for Trekkers

New Star Trek.

Post 1

div

I don't know if there is any truth in this,but I recently read that the next series is to be set at Starfleet Academy,the reason being younger actors are cheaper to employ,and given the sucess of "Buffy",those in charge want to tap into the lucrative "teen market".
I personally don't like the sound of it.

New Star Trek.

Post 2

Drool Frood the Second

I don't know ,the couple of episodes from the Next generation were based at star fleet academy and they were pretty good.
Could work.However I would prefer a new series with Patrick Stewart
He was the main man.

New Star Trek.

Post 3

div

If Patrick Stewart were to be invovled,I think it should be with a new crew,although it would be interesting if Janeway was also in it,or 7 of 9.

New Star Trek.

Post 4

Drool Frood the Second

Yeah Janeway was okay but never as convincing as Picard.
Why would they have to have a new crew?
Sorry but I've only watched NG and the original Star Trek seriously.
I couldn't get on with DS9 and I've watched a couple of Voyager episodes.I sort of lost heart after NG finished.

New Star Trek.

Post 5

div

I didn t like DS9 much either.Try Voyager,it's actually quite good.
I think TNG is getting tired,the last film wasn't up to much,but maybe First Contact spoiled it by being so good.

New Star Trek.

Post 6

E'dalethni II

That's because even numbered Trek films don't suck. First Contact was Star Trek 8 if you want to count them.

1. They screwed up the costumes.
3. They screwed up the cast.
5. They screwed up the plot.
7. (Generations) They screwed up the timeline. I suppose finally killing off Kirk was good, but other than that...
9. (Insurrection) Just overall seemed rather weak.

New Star Trek.

Post 7

Drool Frood the Second

I agree Insurection was a weak story.I prefer the mind game episodes

New Star Trek.

Post 8

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

I liked the original series but with the proliferation of new series(and associated merchandise)I've come to the conclusion that someone somewhere is just money grabbing.Hardly anything new is going to come out of another series and the repeats-God preserve us from the endless repeats.

New Star Trek.

Post 9

George (the babbling) Brooke

I wouldn't mind 7 of 9 teaching a class at the Academy, and how about having Picard as a beat poet at The Night Owl, a coffee house nean the Academy campus?(Janeway once longed to revisit the coffee house) But then again, I liked DS9 until they replaced Dax.

New Star Trek.

Post 10

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Here here!
Jadzia was one of my favourite characters of all, strong personality yet vulnerable & maintained her femininity throughout. Capable of so much love, yet she could battle Klingons with her bat'leth.
And those spots....so sexy. Almost turned a straight woman gay!smiley - winkeye

New Star Trek.

Post 11

Mike Hall

There is no truth in the rumour of a Starfleet Academy TV series. The last solid information I receieved said that the series is likely to be a pre-TOS series - possibly set on the original Enterprise long before Kirk took charge - featuring a 29th century Time Traveller as a running villain trying to prevent the establishment of the Federation.

/M

New Star Trek.

Post 12

~reminds me of something~

New Star Trek.

Post 13

Brenmac

greetings all,
E'dalethni II, your summary of the odd Numered picutres is perfect. I totally agree(well who wouldn't)
Yep, Archangel Galaxy Babe it sounds familiar doesnt it...
last I heard 'Series V' was to be pre TOS around the founding of the the Federation but I have nt heard anything new (Yet)

New Star Trek.

Post 14

Please call me GB!smiley - flyhi

Key: Complain about this post