This is the Message Centre for bansidh

It's a good kind of tired

Post 1

bansidh

Just joined the county recreation centers yesterday and tried one of them out today. Spent a sorry few minutes figuring out and using a recumbent-style Lifecycle and then left all of the serious, sweaty people for the indoor pool and hot tubs. Very nice. Don't recommend doing the dry sauna thing with your glasses on though... Even got the cover of the hardback that I was reading too warm for comfort.

Post 2

an apple tree

dry sauna. yes. i tried my luck in one of those once upon a time. perhaps you could take the time to explain to me why they...ARE...because i just DON'T GET IT!

Post 3

bansidh

You know the hot sweaty feeling you get when you excercise? Try swimming in a nice indoor pool and then getting in a dry sauna. Its hot, but it's a dry heat. Cliched, I know but cleansing and relaxing, esp if done without metal frame glasses. Amazing what 10 minutes of 180-200 degrees F can do for your outlook smiley - winkeye

Post 4

an apple tree

sorry, you lost me on the excercise bit. you'll have to try again

Post 5

bansidh

I know, I almost lost me on the excercise bit. The idea being hot, icky, greasy from excercising. Makes some people feel exultant, but to me it's just gross. Getting into a sauna after being in a nice cool indoor pool is lovely and relaxing. smiley - smiley

The excercise thing has sort of turned into a 6 month birthday resolution for me. People usually trip over their New Year's Resolutions and so I figure a shorter, less-recognized birthday resolution might be easier and less galling if not successful. Don't even ask how it's going so far. :P

Post 6

an apple tree

but.....*strolls around casually with an incredible amount of suave and not much in the way of asking*

Post 7

beetle, return of

i tried the sauna for........3 seconds. I think 80 degrees is hot, much less 180.

Post 8

Classic Krissy

I like to swim, but I always wind up feeling whaley. I'd be more comfortable if I lost the weight first and then got in the pool so I ...could... lose...weigh...mmmmm see? This is where the equasion always breaks down.

I'm just stayin' fat for now. smiley - smiley

Post 9

beetle, return of

*does a running jump into the pool making a rather large spash aimed at the people on towels*

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for bansidh

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more