This is the Message Centre for Hoovooloo

Walking into the sky

Post 21

Hoovooloo

If that knocked you sick, check out the one from last night (i.e. the night after the previous one...)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAb8xdW9qPM

Walking into the sky

Post 22

Whisky

Hey - Hoo... Out of interest - have you ever flown off of Buttermere Moss/Robinson?

Walking into the sky

Post 23

Hoovooloo

Not yet. Weather permitting will probably do so at this year's Lakes Charity Classic. Might even go and give it a go this weekend, depending on wind direction. Why?

Walking into the sky

Post 24

Hoovooloo

(that said I have been warned by someone who knows that it's not a pleasant place to get caught... and having walked across it, I can see why. I was knee deep in bog a couple of times...)

Walking into the sky

Post 25

Whisky

Oh, it shouln't be too bad, people tend to jump off the front end of the moss, so avoid the worst of the bog...

It was just out of interest as I spend quite a bit of time around there in the summer and one of my best friends happens to own the field most of the paragliders use as a landing strip.

Walking into the sky

Post 26

Hoovooloo

Cool. I'll be up in that neck of the woods tomorrow speedflying (miniparaglider, high speed descents, big rolly turns etc.). Probably on Clough Head rather than round Buttermere though...

Walking into the sky

Post 27

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Taster day booked smiley - ok Husband said he thought it would be more fun if we both did it so am going to dump the kids for the day and we will both go.

Walking into the sky

Post 28

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Thanks for all the reminders!

Walking into the sky

Post 29

Hoovooloo

You're very welcome. Hope you enjoy it! smiley - smiley

Walking into the sky

Post 30

Fathom

Why does the camera think it's 17 january 2008?

F

Walking into the sky

Post 31

Hoovooloo

Because it is very cheap. It has a grand total of three buttons, and I'm not even sure what one of them even does. In an ideal world I'd be able to adjust some file or other or the firmware or something, and I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it, but... life's too short. *I* know what date I did it.

Walking into the sky

Post 32

Hoovooloo

For a few blissful minutes late this afternoon, I was top of my local cross country league... smiley - yikes That's not supposed to happen!

Walking into the sky

Post 33

Hoovooloo

Today, I walked into the sky, and didn't walk out of it again until I was almost 50 kilometres from where I took off. Smashed my previous personal best by a factor of more than four. Colour me stoked.

Walking into the sky

Post 34

Hoovooloo

Buy my book! http://www.preparetofly.co.uk/

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hoovooloo

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more