A Conversation for My Poetry

WOW!!!!

Post 1

Skie

i am so impressed w/some of these poems! this is really high quality work! i don't know if you know this, but i have a literary newsletter (the Echo, you can get to its homepage thru a link on my h2g2 page) and it's coming out soon (by the end of this long weekend) and i would really love to put your poem "photograph at dusk" in it. but i have to ask for some personal info (like your name, the school you go to and the city/state in which you live), so i understand if you're reluctant. i really do love some of this stuff tho! if you're interested, go to the Echo page and email me, ok? and if you give me your mailing address, i can send you a copy of the Echo from now on.

anyway, sorry, i just kick into editor mode whenever i read really good student work. smiley - smiley i'm done now. in case you didn't realize, this is the Skie from the conversation on Amy's page about the green foot and the high school literary-arts magazine... hello.

WOW!!!!

Post 2

SilverSolstice

I didn't find this post till today (I wish something would let you know when someone starts a new thread!) so I don't know if I'm in time to be in the Echo. I'd love to be in it and wouldn't mind giving you some personal information; I just don't want to do it in a forum. Could you give me your email address so I can send it to you via that?

And thank you. I like it when people like my work (of course, who wouldn't?)

And never mind about your email address, I just re-read your post and now I know what to do smiley - smiley

And I don't mind your going into editor mode. I understand. smiley - smiley

WOW!!!!

Post 3

SilverSolstice

I have visited Soliloquy - I haven't read it all but so far

I love Love Letters, #34 revisited, and Friday Morning
and Guitar strings

and i really need to go to bed now, but i'll finish the rest later

it looks good so far, you combine words in the most interesting ways(which is what it's all about, isn't it?)

i'd be more eloquent, but i can barely see

WOW!!!!

Post 4

Hypoman

Hey SilverS!

I'm posting my initial response here, 'cause I can't think of a better place to put it! I think there are too many poems in one place here to talk about: too many impressions in too small a space...smiley - winkeye!

In general, I like the free verse structure, and some of the imagery is really good, but I must admit I'm curious about some of the expression - it seems a little 'over-expressed' at times. There must be a reason for this, but I can't immediately see what it is...smiley - bigeyes

I'll have to take a copy of each of the poems and consider them individually before I can say more with confidence - it's a little difficult to see each poem from here without a LOT of toing and froing.

WOW!!!!

Post 5

SilverSolstice

I understand about the toing and froing, take as much time as you like! You can see that I did over Skie's poems (I got involved with exams and forgot about the site, but now that I've been reminded, I'll go back - probably after I finish subbing my batch. smiley - smiley)

These poems do span a period of almost three years, and it's about three years ago that I started writing poetry (I went to a one-week summer camp and took a creative writing course), so some of the earlier stuff is bound to be not as good. The three most recent are Unicorn Hunt, Wind, and Photograph at Dusk. I can probably put the others into some sort of chronological order for you if you want me to. My point is, the reason for the over-expression you are noticing may be more due to my being a novice at poet-ship than to any planned intent.

WOW!!!!

Post 6

Hypoman

I had a feeling that that might have been it! That gives me all the background info I need, I think. I'll do a full look-over tonight, I hope...smiley - winkeye

WOW!!!!

Post 7

Skie

hey silver. sorry i didn't respond to your initial post over eight weeks ago, i'm not sure how i could have missed it. shrug. anyway, i just returned from a week vacation, and thank you for your compliments and all. glad you enjoyed them. i would love to see some more of your poems if you've written any recently. smiley - smiley i'm going to a five week "school" (more like a camp) for the arts, and "majoring" in creative writing, so by the end of the summer, i'll have way too much poetry to deal w/. even now i haven't put my most recent poems (and i think some of my better ones) on my website. anyway, yeah, ok. i just wanted to check in. smiley - smiley tata now.

WOW!!!!

Post 8

SilverSolstice

No, I haven't written anything lately. I got out of the habit at school, so now I have some ideas floating around but haven't written them down. I think they're still too nebulous, anyway. But when I do put something else up, I will let you know! smiley - smiley

WOW!!!!

Post 9

TIMELORD

A friend of mine called STEPHEN PAYTON wrote this poem a few years ago its called"IF NOT IN THIS WORLD"

I know you love me,and i know it doesn't make sence.
I know that you love me sometimes i've sat upon that fence.
The words i utter are my heart's only tongue -
i've often suffered,i'll not suffer any more.

I'll always be with you
(if not in this world)
I'll always hold you in my heart
(in here in this world)

When i reach the highest plains
I'll always guide you,shadow you from pain
When you're getting older and when you'er feeling sad.
The memories i've treasured will be yours and the best we could ever have.

But you have me now,i don't know how long's a life or how to measure a mile
You have me now,i'm doing all these things and then just for a while.
When i go out the door just remember one day we'll reunite
You've taken the slings and arrows and yes you've learnt to fight.

And the golden dawn will dry up all the rain
the golden sun can take away the pain
But just remember i'll be here forever in you heart and in your head.
My love's here forever,a pillow to rest your head.
I'll always be here,be with you and in this world you'll still reach and feel me too.

WOW!!!!

Post 10

SilverSolstice

Hey, Hypoman, ya dead, mon? Or just really busy?

WOW!!!!

Post 11

Hypoman

Not dead, not dead!smiley - winkeye

I am unemployed again, though. It's taking a bit of time to get around to pushing through the things I want to do, and I'm not naturally that organised - work helps define my time, I suspect!

*'We apologise for the inconvenience'...smiley - tongueout*

WOW!!!!

Post 12

SilverSolstice

'T'sall right. I just wanted to make sure you were still ticking, as I am eagerly awaiting your verdict on my poems.

"Ya dead, mon?" comes from the movie Cool Runnings, by the way, which is about a Jamaican bobsled team. Yes, "Jamaican" and "bobsled". Based on a true story, too. smiley - smiley

WOW!!!!

Post 13

TIMELORD

And a very funny film with the late John Candy

WOW!!!!

Post 14

TIMELORD

hi

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more