This is the Message Centre for Zann

An off in the day life...

Post 1

Zann

Right.

This, then, is the day. This day in my life, I did nothing really special for the umpteenth time. This day in my life, I didn't even resolve to do something really special the next time such a day comes around.

What did I do? Woke up late with a minor hangover (this is a weekday, remember), skipped the Joycean Text course (come to think of it, had I really managed to haul myself over there, I might have had pretty good insights to his work), had breakfast with a friend who is annoying in that special way only he can manage, came to work, admired the weather and the nature around Lake Pyhäjärvi.

By all of the wonderful things the world has in it, imaginary or not, I have come across few places I would exchange to this lake - any season. In the summer, it's flanked by the greenness of Pyynikki hills to the north, the somewhat more human-formed Härmälä strands to the south and the path along Hatanpää bay, beside the water treatment station, to the east. The west end is invisible in the horizon, partly because of the islands (Viikinsaari and Lehtisaari most prominently) that dot the blueness on the map. In the winter, it's partly (or sometimes even completely) frozen over and the ducks and other birds have to find other places to bathe in. And water does make a sound when it freezes, I can attest to that.

Anyway, at work: I worked, stayed at work too late and so didn't study at all for the test I have the day after tomorrow (this book I have barely started, the other is barely one quarter of the way through), perhaps made the day of some of my female friends a little better by wishing them well on International Women's Day. Finally, stumbled on my own link here (to H2G2) and found out that Aberystwyth really might be worth going to in the Autumn.

I wonder if I will keep up doing these journal things. Knowing myself, both are equally possible.

Key: Complain about this post

An off in the day life...

More Conversations for Zann

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more