A Conversation for Vampires

Psychology and vampires

Post 21

Researcher VampireGrl

I think that Hollywood is wrong in their portrayal of Vampires. I think the same way. I believe that a vampire would be either good, or evil. A vampire that is good, wouldn't tempt people, be erotic, drink human blood all the time- maybe once or twice a month. They still have a soul- in a sense. The evil ones are pure evil and have a black heart/soul. Big difference to hollywood.

Psychology and vampires

Post 22

Ssubnel...took his ball and went home

I think vampire tales are about the repression of women. The wanton Lucy in punished ultimately by death in the Stoker novel because she it too overt. Mina on the other hand survives because she redeems herself by subservience to her husband. The Buffy t.v. series echoes this old Victorian theme by having a modern, liberated woman fight an endless series of paternalistic and misogynistic villians.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more