A Conversation for Vampires

the Countess in Red

Post 1

Sara

I have forgotten her name for the minute.
In addition to Vlad Tepes, around the same time there was also a 'countess', Hungarian from recollection, who was rumoured to be a vampire. She believed that bathing int he blood of innocents would keep her immortal and began firstly by having common children slain, but over time (find her results unsatisfactory) progressed to having the children of the court brought to her and slain for the blood.
She was a child bride herself, I remeber something about her husabnd dying/being killed when she was late twenties, leaving her free to practice her wishes upon the local people without impedence.
She also made a practice of 'impaling' victims.

the Countess in Red

Post 2

Oneiromorph

Elizibeth Bathory mayhaps be that which ye search for? Okay the half assed olde english is wearing thin so anywho the Countess Bathory [ "me thinks this is how its spelled"] bathed in the blood of virgins to maintain her good looks on the advice of a sorceroress she met in the courtly circles or a 'occult' orgy [you know they'd play around at these satanic themed parties and such] I forget which. Anyway the poor countess was only brought to "justice" when she began drainin the blood of noble virgins, before which her peers who knew what she was doing to the stupid peasent girls didn't really care. It is believed she had over 600 virgin girls killed by her servants, I doubt she would soil her hands so. -Oneiromorph

the Countess in Red

Post 3

Fade

And in these twisted times Hammer made a film loosly based on her life, witch I think may have got them sued. I think it was that one, well someone definatly got sued by a decendant for making a vampire film! Help me out somebody PLEASE?

the Countess in Red

Post 4

Oneiromorph

Oh. How about those german dudes who were sued by Stoker's widow for the movie Nosferatu back at the turn of the century. Although it never resolved anything 'cause the results couldn't be enforced in germany anyway.

the Countess in Red

Post 5

Researcher 166307

Her name was Contess Bathory She also liked to bathe in the blood of her victims sick,but true!
she finally starved to death when she was locked up in her room for the rest of her life for doing her crime

the Countess in Red

Post 6

Sekher

Hammer made Countess Dracula based roughly on bathory; i don't about any legal action though. i think the borgias also had a thing for blood baths.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more