This is the Message Centre for LIC

Hey!

Post 1

Haze: Plan C seems to be working

Get a name, man. They're smart, snappy, and people will know who they're talking about.

Click the 'My details' bit. Think of something that sums up your 31 years in a few characters.

For more information on how do do spiffy things, go to http://www.h2g2.com/A146468
The article has been cancelled.

Hey!

Post 2

LIC

Hey Haze,

I guess you do not share the imagination of my mother who thought researcher 12345 was an original name - never thought about the bullying at school though!

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. As a newbie to the pages of H2G2 any useful hints will be appreciated, acted upon and then destroyed.

Have fun
LIC

Hey!

Post 3

Crescent

Just popping by to say hi smiley - smiley Hi. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, either here, or at the ACE homepage (they are here to help smiley - smiley ACE homepage - http://www.h2g2.com/A214796
BCNU - Crescent

Hey!

Post 4

LIC

Thanks Crescent

CU Around

Hey!

Post 5

See, Crescent has a job to do. Welcoming poeple and steering them in the right direction. I've applied to be an ACE too on the proviso that I'm allowed to steer people in the wrong direction. I've decided that I'll give pepole a GOOD hint and a completely USELESS one.

Hint 1. Just yammer away at anyone. Most people will answer you.
Hint 2. Treat H2G2 like the guide. You may not find what you were looking for, but you might discover what you DO find is much more interesting.
Hint 3. Write articles. Rejection sucks big time, but approval and a posting on the front page is fan-diddly-tastic.
Hint 4. Don't eat your shoes.

Hey!

Post 6

Crescent

Good hints, except for 4. Don't eat your shoes - unless they are the only things left, in which case chow 'em down, a little salt and they taste nice (these were leather, but never polished - Kiwi polish is no so nice tasting smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent

Hey!

Post 7

That's why I polish mine with a mix of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. They still taste terrible and are far too chewy, but at least they're good for you...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for LIC

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more