This is the Message Centre for Xanthus

Hi

Post 1

Phelps

You Posted me a letter yesterday telling me dont panic. Thanks.
I am 14 from Swansea in Wales. Please read my home page it is very funny. from the Space Janitor

No Parties

Post 2

O-the-O (R 30565)

I'm from Oxfordshire, also cannot juggle, waggle or any other ggles that I can think of. I was born 31.12.70 so I lose a birthday this year as well. It sucks, frankly.

No Parties??

Post 3

RhymeMe

No parties? You silly, silly people! There is no reason to forgo your own celebration just because there happen to be far too many zeros in the next year. My birthday is 1/3/70, and I intend to celebrate my birthday in 2000 in exactly the same manner as I have for the past 3 years. If you're clever, you'll follow this same recipe:

1) Invite a batch of your best friends and their significant (or not so much so) others, to a New Year's Party.

2) Lock them away in a snowbound cabin for approximately 4 days (depending on when you'd prefer to celebrate your birthday).

3) Feed, inebriate and celebrate with them until they sing the "Happy Birthday" song. Let them know that birthday presents optional so long as the guests bring beer.

No Panties??

Post 4

O-the-O (R 30565)

But your birthday(1st of March if you're english, 3rd of Jan if you're one of those ghastly americans) is not actually falling upon the crux of the year, the passing of the era, the turn of the century (be it this year or next), people will have had an opportunity to recover.

Party Commando

Post 5

RhymeMe

"Ghastly american" here. My birthday is Jan. 3, though I fail to see the problem. After years of experiencing an overlooked, forgotten mostly-celebrated-as-an-afterthought sort of birthday, I'm just happy to be surrounded by all my close friends for a giant three-day party. Fun cycle: Drink, celebrate, sing, dance, play silly games, sleep, recover, start all over again. You however, must have it worse, being sandwiched right between Christmas and New Years the way you are.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Xanthus

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more