A Conversation for Young Snugfit's news from the tracks.

St Valentine's Day Round Up

Post 1

Young Snugfit

From my journal you can see that our top story tonight is the sad retirement of Teeton Mill. We wish him well in whatever career he pursues next.

Right here we go with the news from the courses:

At Hereford Richard Johnson cruised past the hundred winners mark for the fourth consecutive season when landing a 370-1 four-timer. The following horses helped him deliver the goods: Ashman, Oulton Broad, Play Games and Nova Rose to move him on to 103 for the season. Johnson is currently second in the jockeys' table behind reigning champion Tony McCoy.

Sporting Life.com declared the victory of Pridewood Fuggle to be their performance of the day after he hacked up in the Lovers Knot Handicap Hurdle. A steady campaigner, given the right conditions he should score again soon.

Just five horses remain in the starting line up for the Mitsubishi Shogun Chase at Ascot on Saturday. Look into my page on Thursday when I will mark your card and tell you my tip for the race. smiley - winkeye

Martell Grand National winner Bobbyjo could be back on the track this weekend if the conditions suit. He holds entries for the Red Mills Trial Chase at Gowran Park on Saturday and the Nobber Handicap Chase at Navan on Sunday. But the rain currently falling in Ireland means that the good ground loving star could skip both. His trainer Tommy Carberry is waiting to see how his star takes his fences, any dodgy jumping could mean reverting to hurdles. Carberry has also confirmed that Bobbyjo is unlikely to run in Britain prior to the Aintree showpiece.

Key: Complain about this post

St Valentine's Day Round Up

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more