Young Snugfit's news from the tracks.

13 Conversations

Paul Nicholls was delighted with the performance of his two main Cheltenham contenders as they put up game performances at Newbury on Saturday. See More Business confidently stake his claim to retaining his Gold Cup Crown when he went to the front after the first circuit of the the Aon Chase at Newbury and finished some 18 lengths of the field who were led home by MacGeorge. He is now 1-3 for the Festival showpiece. The Trainer expressed his relief at having the horse return safely and noted that the outing should improve the horse's fitness no end. He put the improvement down to the fact that See More Business has been working with Flagship Uberalles. "He'd got lazy and needed something decent to wake him up."

Flagship Uberalles meanwhile sailed home by 22 lengths in the aptly named Mitsubishi Shogun Game Spirit Chase. The task was eased by the charismatic Nipper Reed refusing to start and Irbee also an absentee. He remains at 6-4 for the Queen Mother Champion Chase at Cheltenham and heads straight to the Festival.

Meanwhile See More Business's main rival Florida Pearl has returned to exercise after appearing stiff following his victory in last Sunday's Hennessey Cognac Gold Cup. The bookies have quoted him at 11-2 following his haughty dismissal of Doran's Pride by five 1/2 lengths at Leopardstown. Whilst he holds an entry for the Ascot Chase this Saturday it is highly unlikely he will appear.

Istabraq is reported to be in good form in his preparations for his attempt at a hat-trick of Champion Hurdle victories. During a recent press call he bit Lucinda Green of the Daily Telegraph!!

Danoli has returned to the race course following a lay off of 15 months due to a leg injury. He showed true spirit to unseat his rider three from home but his Trainer was pleased with the performance. It is hard to get horses race fit on the gallops and sometimes they need a couple of outings before getting back in the swim

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A263927

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more