A Conversation for 'The Secret of NIMH' - the Film

The Sequel

Post 1

Obsequient Aspirant

For those of you who are unable to get the video copy of the Sequel outside of the United States, Mike A (who wrote this Guide Entry) is absolutely correct about one thing. Don't. It pretty much destroyed the mystique of the original.
The animation lacked all the artistic flair of the first and pretty much looked more like a cheap Disney flick (read here, straight to video). The storyline was destroyed (in my opinion) and did not do the first movie justice whatsoever.
I was an absolute fan of the original and the sequel is worth much less than the cost of the label on the cassette. Stick with the first and you won't be disappointed.

The Sequel

Post 2

Mike A (snowblind)

What you say is true, but I wanna make a point:

I have not seen the sequel, but have heard a lot of hype about it. All negative publicity and that. Some of the screengrabs really made me sick.
But if I saw a copy of it in the UK, I'd leap at the chance to buy it. If only because it's be helluva valuable!

(btw i am not proud of this article)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more