A Conversation for Aerosol Cheese

Aerosol Cheese is Hazardous Waste

Post 1

gunslngr

It seems that in the state of Oregon, aerosol cans are considered hazardous waste
because they are "reactive." I wonder if you get a double-whammy if you accidently
leave cheese in the aerosol can when you throw it away.

Post 2

Bastian

"Reactive" meaning the can oxidizes in the presence of such things as hydrogen hydroxide.

Post 3

Vynce

mind you, hydrogen hydroxide is dangerous stuff.
approximately as dangerous as DHMO, the so-called universal solvent.
(it's one of the most popular olvents in industrial use today. a byproduct of rocket fuels... perhaps we should take this to a DHMO forum.)

Aerosol Cheese, on teh other hand, is good for. Made nearly entirely of plastic, it is *guraranteeed* to remain almost totally unaffected by a lengthy stay in a bath of HCl. And if you get the bacon-flavored stuff, and spray it on carrots, you will discover that it is even better than you could possibly have postulated (not to mention looking all cool for being orange-on-orange, with no hint of orange flavor).

You will also be hailed a as martyr.

Post 4

JC

If by DHMO you mean water (Di-Hydrogen-Mono-Oxide), just say so. I myself never touch the stuff.
JC

Post 5

Muffy The Vandergroot

I concur entirely with the assertion that Aerosol Cheese is hazardous. I decided to try some experiments to
try to ascertain exactly what it was designed for.:
I believe there are military aplications for Aerosol Cheese.

Everybody knows that a pizza will better resist a blowtorch than Kevlar, but I discovered that the heat evaporation effect of
Aerosol Cheese (The Chive variety) is far superior to even a Dominos special. Aerosol Cheese actually expands under extrewme heat and develops a clotted coating, which is impervious to water. Could submarine manufacturers use this material?

I believe they already have.

Aerosol Cheese responsible for the leaks at Sellafield

Post 6

Muffy The Vandergroot

Aerosol cheese is relatively new in Britain, but the first recorded use of it by someone in my family was in
1986, just days before the Seascale contamination incident. Could the as yet unresearched byproducts of
Kevlar Cheese be responsible? I feel we should be told.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more