A Conversation for The Virtual Supporters' Club

The Saga Continues

Post 1

Nirvanite

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/Headlines/0,,12555~1400703,00.html

it definately gives Star Wars a run for its money.

The Saga Continues

Post 2

Secretly Not Here Any More

"The London club were found guilty of breaching league regulations in the signing of Tevez and Javier Mascherano in 2006"

Therefore they weren't in a position to sell those two players, surely?

I take it that Manyoo and Liverpool will be recieving ludicrous fines too?

The Saga Continues

Post 3

Mat

It is a bit bizarre that it even happened in the first place that a person/agency could own the rights to a player. No doubt United and Liverpool will be given a warning about future transactions and escape any punishment.

The Saga Continues

Post 4

me[Andy]g

> I take it that Manyoo and Liverpool will be recieving ludicrous fines too?

Don't think so - as far as I was aware Manyoo haven't actually bought Tevez yet, he's still on loan. Liverpool have paid Boca Juniors (I think that's where they came from?) upfront for Mascherano, as far as I was aware - nothing has gone to West Ham at all. Tevez and Mascherano, as far as I am aware, were "owned" by Kia Joorabchian's company (the name escapes me) and West Ham "paid" them rather than Boca Juniors. Seems to me like West Ham's board didn't know what they were doing was against the Premier League rules, whereas Liverpool and Manyoo waited until they were sure they were allowed to buy/loan the players.

Oh, and Tevez and Mascherano were never actually "bought" by West Ham, so yes, you're right, they're not in a position to sell them.

The Saga Continues

Post 5

The Nitpicker

Well ..... Boca Juniors are laughing all the way to the bank if Liverpool have paid them for Mascherano. He and Tevez came from Corinthians smiley - winkeye

The Saga Continues

Post 6

me[Andy]g

... ah. Knew it was somewhere else, but I couldn't find the right information. I think the rest of the information is right though...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more