A Conversation for The Virtual Supporters' Club

VSC: RATHER OVER-AMBITIOUS

Post 1

egon

http://www.unibondleague.com/news.php?nid=5742

My local club Warrington town have a plan to be in the Football League within 5 years- I think the fact that one of their players scored from 35 yards in a pre-season game with Everton has gone to their heads. We were playing our fifth or sixth choice goalkeeper after all.

Post 2

Ormondroyd

smiley - bigeyes Very over-ambitious! I think the story's wrong on one key point, too: it'd take Warrington FOUR promotions to reach the League from where they are. First they'd need to go up to the Unibond Premier, then to the Blue Square (Conference) North, then to the Blue Square National and only then to the dizzy heights of League Two!

Post 3

egon

Yeah, I noticed that myself while reading a different article about it earlier, didn't realise they'd made the same error in that one.

Post 4

Alfredo Marquez

They've made the same mistake in all of them that I've read on this. Not sure that it'll be an issue anyway...I think they'll be lucky to get one promotion in five years, never mind four!!!

smiley - ale

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more