A Conversation for How do I...?

JAFFA CAKE

Post 1

pattycakes

can someone help me? 2 days ago i was looking on the net for a reciepe for jaffa cake . i found this site and was sidetracked from my original mission, hence "pattycakes",
i have a wedding coming up in a few months (not mine, im the cake decorator) and the bride wants one of the tiers to be jaffa cake.
the jaffa cakes i found on line seemed to be bikkie size, smiley - erm hope someone knows pattycakessmiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 2

Mu Beta

It does depend exactly on what you mean by 'jaffa cake'. The only ones I am aware of are the biscuit-sized ones to which you refer, although making up a similar recipe to turn in a larger 'cake' shouldn't be too hard.smiley - winkeye

Are you aware of <./>askh2g2</.> by the way? It's similar to this page, only it tends to get a lot more traffic and is, usually, a lot more productive for asking questions.smiley - ok

B

JAFFA CAKE

Post 3

pattycakes

thanks master b,
i believe i posted the same question else where here at h2g2 i have been getting lost quite a bitsmiley - erm i will see if i can get that reciepe for lil jaffa cakes and apply it...ive never heard of jaffa cakes here in the land of skippy but i think its an english thing,,,,smiley - winkeye like vegemite is ourssmiley - biggrin ta pattycakessmiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 4

Mu Beta

Yeah, but Marmite tastes better.smiley - tongueout

And it's made out of beer!

Jaffa cake-wise, it shouldn't be too hard. You'll want some fresh sponge-cake for the bottom, some cooking chocolate for the top, and as for the middle - it might take some experimenting, but I reckon some fresh orange juice, sugar, gelatine and a splash of hot water might throw up something not a million miles away.smiley - winkeye

B

JAFFA CAKE

Post 5

pattycakes

We are having a long weekend over here, looks like ill be messing up the kitchen with experimental jaffa for the next 3 dayssmiley - biggrin eeewww, marmite is in the same catorgy as promite both were try hard vegimites that you MAY find covered in dust on the top shelf of a corner store in the outback,,,lolsmiley - tongueout pattysmiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 6

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Have you tried searching the BBCi cookery pages? I have a feeling jaffa cake has a meaning in addition to the biscuit-sized things we get in the UK.

smiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 7

Mu Beta

*sigh*

Yeah, but Aussies think that lager served at sub-zero temperatures tastes nice...

And BBQ'd prawns.smiley - biggrin

B

JAFFA CAKE

Post 8

pattycakes

We are having a long weekend over here, looks like ill be messing up the kitchen with experimental jaffa for the next 3 dayssmiley - biggrin eeewww, marmite is in the same catorgy as promite both were try hard vegimites that you MAY find covered in dust on the top shelf of a corner store in the outback,,,lolsmiley - tongueout pattysmiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 9

pattycakes

hi amy,
yea i did look there thats how i ended up here as pattycakes,,
they had one reciepe jaffa muffins or something.

pattysmiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 10

pattycakes

so what does taste nice oh mighty master of taste????warm beer and cold chipssmiley - ermsmiley - tongueoutsmiley - cheers
pattysmiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 11

What about this: http://www.lamondlab.com/pdf/jaffacake.PDF

It's a pdf file.

JAFFA CAKE

Post 12

pattycakes

amy,,smiley - magicthislooks very yummy, i will have a go at tthis tommorowsmiley - chocsmiley - cake (it is 12.39) at the moment and i was about to hit the sack.
you are such a mooney mooney ta much for your effortssmiley - smooch
pattysmiley - cake

JAFFA CAKE

Post 13

Er, yes. I'll take that as a compliment then, shall I?smiley - ermsmiley - biggrin.

Key: Complain about this post