This is the Message Centre for Liftliker - Share And Enjoy

On this particular Thursday...

Post 1

Liftliker - Share And Enjoy

smiley - tardisHm? Oh. What?!

So, today's been...interesting.

Started, as Thursdays regularly do, with the journey into work with my girlfriend, having spent last night at hers.
I was sitting rolling my smokes for the day while she chatted away & then she calmly drops the bomb.
We are, it seems to her, in a rut. A comfortable rut, but no less a rut for that. We rarely go out, we don't -ahem- rut as much as we might & "it's lucky we get on so well, because we're more friends than anything else, just friends that sleep together a few times a week".
And for this reason she doesn't think we should go out anymore.

I was rather startled by this.

But couldn't disagree. She isn't wrong. Nor, it seems, is she blaming me (although I sort of am).

We've been seeing each other a few years now & it's more than a bit weird at the moment to realise it's over. I'm sad about that, but very glad it didn't end in arguments & resentment.
And when she says we should stay friends, I believe her.

Never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Right. Yeah. Hm... smiley - tardis

On this particular Thursday...

Post 2

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Liftliker - Share And Enjoy

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more