A Conversation for SMASH

Canned Laughter

Post 1

Wowbagger

Would like to comment, but I'm too busy laughing. This is a funny funny religion!

Canned Laughter

Post 2

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

I will tidy this entry up eventually (probably next week). I'll include both these humourous quotes and also why it's so wrong and the Xenu story. Should be a fun read! smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 3

Wowbagger

I eagerly await further elaborations.

Canned Laughter

Post 4

Nick O`Teen

I have read Bare-faced Messiah (I was certain it would confirm what I thought, but it went much further than even that).

A friend of mine got into scientology (<- note: not capitalised) several years ago and it changed his life somewhat. It seems that scientology somehow got it into his head that it's OK to be a conniving jerk as long as it gets you what you want or where you want to go. There were a couple of occaisions back then where we'd work together on a project and he'd tell everyone that he designed and wrote it himself.

He's since snapped out of that (thankfully).

I also read the first three books of the Mission Earth series but got bored with them because the protagonist was just an unrealistic epitomy of a scientologist, the antagonist was a complete idiot, and nothing bad ever happened to our hero. Pathetic.

What's amazing is that Hubbard continues to write books long after his death. What a joke.

The only reason Dianetics became a bestseller is because members of their stupid club were encouraged to go out and buy as many copies as they could.

Canned Laughter

Post 5

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Thar be a picket on Saturday at the London org. Anyone up for it?

Canned Laughter

Post 6

Nick O`Teen

Don't think I'll be able to make it. smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 7

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

If I decide to go I'll report back on it in this article (SMASH). Anyone going to join me? smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 8

FiveLongYears

So, how was it?

Canned Laughter

Post 9

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Oh - it was wonderful. I really should write about it. It was so great picketing against the Scienos. They kept taking pictures of us - that's their only weapon. Oh, I want to go again! smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 10

Nick O`Teen

Picketing implies signage. What did the picket signs say?

Canned Laughter

Post 11

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Not really. There was one guy with a baloon doll of Xenu who shouted "Stop $cientology violence!" every few minutes. He acted as a chorus. Others gave long loud rants about the Co$'s criminal activity and we were all handing out different anti-scieno leaflets. There were about nine of us. At different occasions there were between one and four scienos giving out their leaflets and magazines. It was basically a battle to give out the right publicity. Great fun! smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 12

Nick O`Teen

Ha ha. I wonder who is more left wing here? The Scientos or the people who choose to picket them? smiley - smiley

Just kidding, of course. Scientologists are daft. smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 13

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

I don't think either of us are left winged. The scienos are deluded and we are trying to falsify their views so people will not fall for their ideocy smiley - smiley.

Canned Laughter

Post 14

Nick O`Teen

'Deluded' is a good choice of word. smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 15

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

They're not evil - oh no. The poor people standing on the streets are deluded mugs sucked into $cientology. As you rise up the hierarchy of Co$, the people start knowing the truth about the church. These are the people that should be targetted smiley - smiley.

Canned Laughter

Post 16

Stealth Munchkin

You should really put a link to Operation Clambake up if you ever finish this thing off...

Canned Laughter

Post 17

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Finish it? You must be joking! smiley - winkeye

Yes, I have been letting this thing drag on incompleted...
Is that clambake as in http://www.xenu.net ?

Anyway, just an update - I've been picketing with an ex-Scieno regularly at the Tottenham Court Road "Church" (three weeks in a row). It's been great but I'm giving it a break for a while. The second week they called out the police twice. Loads of fun! smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 18

Stealth Munchkin

Yeah, as in xenu.net ...
The Clams seem to be really gearing up in my area (Manchester) - lots of 'seminars' being advertised, and every second bus you see has an ad for either 'Dianetics' or Hubbard's first 'Scientology' book...

Canned Laughter

Post 19

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

I've seen several adverts for Hubby's "Fundamentals of thought" book. Most of his books are great - it's so much fun wafting thorough such lunacy - half the stuff contradicts the other half normally! smiley - smiley

Canned Laughter

Post 20

Stealth Munchkin

Yeah. Just a shame the stuff he *called* fiction is so bad...
Went to see Batlefield Earth just to see if it could possibly be as bad as they say. It's worse. I went two days after it opened in the UK, and there were two other people in the cinema, both of whom I recognised as Scientology recruiters. The film was so incredibly bad I actually had migraines for two days from its sheer awfulness...

Key: Complain about this post