This is the Message Centre for Deek

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 1

Deek

I received the CDs of the radio show yesterday and started to work my way through them. They are really funny but its almost exactly the same as the TV series.
I know some prefer the radio show but I think that the graphics used on the TV series combined with the book gives it the edge, so far. Istill have to get past the second disc yet.
Maybe this guide would benefit from the use of graphics on the pages. Some researchers are already able to use them and they're pretty neat. The best I've seen so far is Researcher Beetles moving car.
Just the sort of thing I wanted, that or a m/bike. How do they do that ???

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 2

parlau

My opinion is that casting Peter Jones as the book was the inspiration of the century. The books supporting cast were also spot on.

AG

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 3

Deek

Hi, GF. smiley - bigeyes. Yes, I think you'r right. It was probably the inspired casting that made it all as popular as it is. I first saw the TV series and thought it brilliant. Funny thing is I dont remember the series ever being repeated, not recently at any rate. Perhaps it's time for the BEEB to do another rerun especially as it's got such a following. (Beeb if your listening and thinking Dads Army again, Think H2G2 instead !)

H2G2 TV SHOW

Post 4

ZX75

The program was repeated earlier this year on UK Gold so whether the Beeb still have the rights to screen it or not I don't knw. Does anyone have any idea on the progress of the movie??? Let's hope the casting is as inspired as that of the TV show.

See ya.

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 5

Waxer

Where is this moving car please, I'm curious now, I typed beetle in the search but couldn't see it

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 6

Deek

On the name search use Researcher Beetle. http://www.h2g2.com/u28175
It's not a lot but I thought it was neat.

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 7

Waxer

Yes I agree,I'll have to pick through the source code when I've got more tome to see where it comes from. By the way I nicked your blink code for my WHO'S On , Starting to get the hang of this HTML stuff I'd never used it till I got on to H2!

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 8

Deek

Your Welcome. If you haven't already go to Vegimans page, or Madmunks. I think I got most of my info from them.
Or try the How to H2G2 on http://www.stevedunks.demon.co.uk

H2G2 RADIO SHOW

Post 9

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I was a huge fan of the radio show long before the TV show was created - like most of the other fans of the time, I found the TV series a huge disappointment - the graphics were the only good point. Try playing your CDs to someone who's never seen the TV series, then getting their opinion... When you don't have a mental image of dubious make-up and crappy sets, it's immensurably better.
smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Deek

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more