A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

HELP NEEDED - Posted on Yikes thread today

Post 1

bobstafford

Yikes!! http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/F127730?thread=3848857&show=20&skip=66660#pi66665 Post: 66662 Can someone please look into this. Posted 37 Minutes Ago by Online NowAll Alone:o( Hi all, inc Lil, erm where does one go because one of my PS my Chips,Peas & Gravy! Mmm U5159719 I cannot use it, I can log on but cannot change preferences I try and Edit my space and get this:- We apolgise for the inconvenience, The following error occurred: You are restricted from adding or editing Guide Enteries.. I also get this Greetings unknown Hiker. And this when I try and add a thread:- We're sorry, but you are restricted from posting to this site. WHY???????? I've updated my email addy thinking it was because of that, no that didn't work, is it because I've not posted on it for a while??? I just don't know as I said to Lil on a thread on my PS this place seems to be getting rather picky who can and cannot come on here & you've not answerd it are you fed up of me Lil? It's just so bonkers!! No wonder why the newbies are leaving when not long since joined, even the old ones have fled! I don't come on that often.. run lurk for now rainbow Me rose 's'rose for everyone els and for the guys lol. and porkpie cheesecake disco This needs looking into and some contact to resolve NowAll Alone's problems

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hi Bob,

To be honest, the only place that can help is:

h2g2.Support(AT)bbc(dot)co(dot)uk

This researcher has a number of accounts and being a digi-box user is probably his main problem.

lil x

Post 3

bobstafford

Ok lil will dosmiley - smiley

Post 4

I have contacted him myself smiley - ok

With a bit of luck he will get it sorted.

lil xx

Post 5

bobstafford

Well so have I he going to get a lot of mail...smiley - laugh

Post 6

That's if he can open them. It appears that cable are slowly closing out access to emails and all areas that used to be free to digi-box users smiley - erm

Post 7

ManUnited-Are-The-Best:-) [Bye Everyone On H2G2]

Since who ever posted that on chips,peas & Gravy! MMM
it has locked All Alone out i can log on & out but has with chips,peas & gravy etc etc cant Edit personal space, send threads, go on Preferences whos doing this please ive not broken any house rules ive not even had an email saying what ive supose to have done said, so ive resorted in opening yet another PS PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN why its doing this to ME read my PS ive emailed h2g2.support etc etc no answer. Is this place closing and your getting rid of people one by one? HELP IM ON A DIGI BOX!! I can't type no more smiley - crysmiley - crysmiley - nurse

Post 8

bobstafford

The e-mail address on post 2 should help please try smiley - smiley

Post 9

BMT

Hi, are you using the Virgin Digi box system? If so then the e-mail facility has been stopped for all new customers and being phased out for existing customers. The other features such as tele-messaging and chatter-box are subject to additional charges, ie. tele msgs. are equivalent to text messaging and charged at whatever rate is applicable and the ChatterBox facility is an additional subscription at £4.95 a month.It's very limited in scope and is designed for TV to TV chat rather than posting or web browsing in general.
Any current web facility with a digi box is being phased out and existing customers being advised to take out appropriate broadband services which obviously means needing access to a pc.
This could explain the problem you're having, it may pay you to get in touch with your digi-box supplier to clarify things, I'm fairly certain it's not an error on site here or with the BBC.
Hope this helps.

Post 10

Hi Bob Stafford,
I have sent email to that address that Lil sent to me smiley - cheers

Post 11

Hi BMT. yes im using a digibox as you call it, theres others on here who have virgin media box and use this system i dont see the problem, i pay my TV Licence, and how do you know that the tv email systems getting phased out as you put it. well for your info i joined again on here and was able to send back email are i wouldnt be here rite now 0:04am it was fine yesterday till all a sudden i couldnt get on my old space chips,peas &gravy PS now I cant get on all alone well I can but cant send threads, edit space etc like im doing right now with this new space i got (sorry about my spelling) im rather a cr@p speller, i dont seem to be well edducated like all of you! I dont think i'll joing chatbox thanks been there done that no one on it anyway its such a rip off at £4.95 for 28 days pass. if its not an error how can i open a new account just to clarify something then when analog goes and digital comes in im not paying no more TV Licence money i think its an out of date lode of rubbish everythings repeated, im fuming here, does it matter if im on a digi box and here, i dont have the means of getting a PC and i dont have the money for starters, How do you no so much anyway about existing tv email customers etc, so why is it a friend whos not long since had cable has opened up his tv email account? i give up fare well ive sent email. >>gone for now has Arnie says I'LL BE BACK!!

Post 12

Please don't be angry with my friends. They are only trying to help you.

BMT is a PC user on a Virgin Media package, so he's been able to read the information of future upgrades to the system.

We can understand your frustration, but a getting angry with us isn't going to help, is it?

lil.

Post 13

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi lil bob
-
im trying to get him on, ive sent the double link, but he seems to be having a problem using it
-
so ive said, stay with the new one, ive sent him a link for plain and alabaster, we digi can only signin with the alabaster, through the returning member option.
-
and ticking the remember me box.
-
hopefully this time the new one will stay on. unless there is something the mods are tracking from way back, and after a time premod.
-
ive done what i can, fingers crossed smiley - dragon jim

Post 14

BMT

As Lil says, losing your rag with folk on here trying to help is not going to stand you in good stead for getting any help full stop.

*How do you no so much anyway about existing tv email customers*

I know because I did what I advised you to do, I asked. I'm a new VM customer and can tell you, catergorically, there is NO e-mail facility with virgins standard digi-box and they are phasing that service out even on V+, it's why Virgin are pushing their broadband services.
I hope you sort things. I'll leave you to it. Bye.

Removed

Post 15

U13651501

This post has been removed.

Post 16

BMT

Hi, I'm not being officious as you put it, I offerred help and advice and as per usual, got slagged off for it. The researcher in question needs to look at how he reacts to those who offer help. I spent some considerable time looking into this for him, including phoning Virgin, I merely passed on that info. I don't see anything 'officious' in that.
perhaps you can do the decent thing and identify yourself, why create a new m/ship just to have a go at me? All those who need to know, know why I've a second m/ship here.
I really do hope you're not who I think you are.

Post 17

*sigh*

Ignore the Troll... smiley - groan

What we all seem to forget is: Virgin Media is a business. They do not provide anything free out of the goodness of their heart. Where they can get you to pay, they will!

Jim, I hope you do manage to find another backdoor to remain with us via digi-box .. but I think we all need to be realistic here, and expect that things will be radically changed during the future upgrades.

At least that cannot be blamed on HooToo, ST, nor BMT! smiley - rolleyes

lil xx

Removed

Post 18

U13651501

Removed

Post 19

U13651501

Post 20

BMT

Seems the troll knows best so I'll unsub.

Key: Complain about this post