A Conversation for The Don't Panic Help Centre

No Subject

Post 1

Serephina

II have created a link on my my to whos online thing as it says you can do on one of the help pages, but when iclck it it doesnt do anything...help??

No Subject

Post 2

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

err, it works for me....
Hang on Just Me, I shall investigate further smiley - smiley

No Subject

Post 3

This is gonna sounds stupid maybe, but are you sure it doesnt work?
What browser are you using?

No Subject

Post 4

Do you have Java enabled?

No Subject

Post 5

Serephina

I come in here through a link in my tv email as I dont have a PC,everything else seems to work so far though!, maybe it does work and is just slow! nothing happened at all when I clicked on it ,waited 5 minutes or so.

No Subject

Post 6

Hmmm, I think I might be because your tv doesnt have java activated, but I know nothing about using tvs to browse the net whatsoever, so I am going to have to go and ask someone else...

Meanwhile, someome who does know might pop in if were lucky...

I will be back shortly
smiley - cheersvp

No Subject

Post 7

Serephina

thanks smiley - smiley.

No Subject

Post 8

In the meantime, you may as well tell me what service you are using to surf with...

No Subject

Post 9

Serephina

im with telewest for my cable tv .u get a limited interactive service with it.someone sent me a link on my tv email that takes you to the bbbci website,i coe in here through that.some things,like lins to other sites o the internet bring up an acess deied screen,but this is ok.

No Subject

Post 10

I have located a Guru with some WebTV experience, (U178815) and left a message, so hopefully aka will come along and join us at somepoint realtively soon... I suggest you visit hir space, as it has Web TV tips (which I am currently reading in the hope of finding a way to help smiley - winkeye )

No Subject

Post 11

Hey there Just Me, seems like BrownFurby may have an answer for you - he too could never get the gadget to work, but says that using this link instead should work fine, if you are using GuideML:
Click here to find out who is online

YOu dont need to use GuideML for this link though, you can do it with text as well.

You will need to use the </.> and <./> tags, along with the word "online".
I have had to write the two tags the wrong way around, becasue if I put them the other way round they function as they are meant to and try to turn text into a link.

SO I can make the link by typing <./>online</.> but you cant see tags smiley - biggrinsmiley - doh

Type in <. />online</ .> without any spaces and hopefully it will turn out fine .

smiley - cheersvp

No Subject

Post 12

For BrownFurbys posting, go here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/360/360/F69786?thread=176158&post=#p1898734

No Subject

Post 13

Serephina

Thanks for all your help smiley - smiley

No Subject

Post 14

No worries, it really is my pleasure- i am learning with you smiley - smiley

Have you got it to work yet though?

smiley - run to your space
smiley - nur back.

You havent tried it yet ?

No Subject

Post 15

Researcher 178815

Ahh! When I know how to fix ths problem of WebTV not able to use javascript-pop up windows, I find it's already been answered! Ah well... smiley - smiley

You might find this interesting, and /or useful, Just me smiley - smiley : A700200smiley - smiley

smiley - footprintsaka (",)

No Subject

Post 16

Hi aka, thanks for popping by - did you notice yet that A700200 has been moderated? I havent been able to see it yet smiley - sadface

No Subject

Post 17

Researcher 178815

Aye, I did, he says, in his best yorkshire accent smiley - sadface

I saw an e-mail, when I logged in after sending that message smiley - erm

What it was, was I quoted my particular WebTV package, and it was removed because it was a commercial site... surely that's rubbish! I've linked to sites with commercials before!! (Unless its getting at the Fact that they're "selling" a service.. not advertising it smiley - erm)

Try A700200 again now smiley - smiley It should be on now smiley - winkeye

smiley - footprintsaka (",)

Key: Complain about this post