A Conversation for E Vibenstein's Big Probe

Abstained from voting

Post 1

BigTinLid

Let's be practical about this. The majority of revellers will probably be incapable of hearing anything other than ringing in their ears from all the fireworks & hijinks with blow-ticklers at the stroke of midnight. The only thing anyone should be playing at the end of the millenium is a good old-fashioned game of Twister.
Here's cheers to celebrating the great turn of the century!

Abstained from voting

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

You could answer hypothetically, I mean it's not legally binding or anything!

Other possibilities

Post 3

Skunk Baxter Allstars

I know which I'd play out of the five, but what about other (hypothetical smiley - smiley) records? The Who's "Won't be fooled again", for example? Or "Smash it up" by The Damned?

Other possibilities

Post 4

Amber

how about Belle & Sebastian's "A Century of Fakers"?

Other possibilities

Post 5

Yeah, I know, there are lots of possibilities... "Carnival 2000" by Prefab Sprout, "End Of A Century" by Blur, "***k The Millennium" by 2K... basically, without wanting to influence the voting (smiley - smiley), the whole thing is a thinly disguised attack on the Vengaboys. smiley - bigeyes

Other possibilities

Post 6

Skunk Baxter Allstars

Why bother to thinly disguise any attack on the Vengaboys? Death to them all!

Other possibilities

Post 7

Amber

who are the vengaboys?

Other possibilities

Post 8

Well, as part of the h2g2 terms and conditions I'm not allowed to say exactly what I think of the Vengaboys, but let's just say they make low-quality dance records, and if you haven't heard of them it's probably best to keep it that way. smiley - smiley

Other possibilities

Post 9

Menza

I am exeedingly pleased with the tone of this convasation, I'm glad other people feel the same. BTW guess what my vote was. smiley - smiley

Other possibilities

Post 10

I'd guess that you went with the majority... smiley - smiley

Other possibilities

Post 11

Menza

Yup, althought you might have guessed that if you read my journal about 2 months back. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post