A Conversation for Reading, Berkshire, UK

Reading is famous for only ONE thing?

Post 1

iheartberkshire

After reading this summation, I must admit I was definitely perplexed. The claim that Reading is known only for Oscar Wilde's poem is an insult, and this is coming from someone who isn't even from Reading nor the UK. No, I am in fact American, but I do know enough about Reading to say it has many more claims to fame than a jail.
To the person who wrote this piece, have you, by any chance, ever heard of one of Reading's most famous locals, Kate Winslet? She was in a little film about a sinking ship. Or Ricky Gervais or Stephen Merchant, you know, the guys who created "The Office" and "Extras"? How about Harriet Wheeler, the former lead singer of the Sundays? How about John Madjeski, the benefactor of Reading FC? I wonder if the person responsible for this shallow overview of the town even resides there or did any substantive research. After all. you know you're reporting is bad when you're angering someone who has never even visited the town but still knows more about it. That's just ridiculous.

Post 2

Andy

I live in reading, and i also found this entry to be totally wrong!

thanks "iheartberkshire" you did good :D

One thing! i can bet that thw writed wont have even visited reading at all.

absolute wa*ker

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more