A Conversation for Nihilism

Atheism

Post 1

Pete, never to have a time-specific nick again (Keeper of Disambiguating Semicolons) - Born in the Year of the Lab Rat

Atheism is literally 'belief that there are no gods at all'. It is not merely the lack of belief in any religious doctrine, the correct term being 'irreligion'. Buddhists are atheists, I think, but do not lack a religious doctrine.

Atheism

Post 2

Troman

Buddhists have the Hindu Gods, at least that is how it orriginated.
The more modern Zen Buddhism is all based on figuring it out for yourself. You can come to the conclusion of whether there is a god or isn't.

Atheism

Post 3

Pete, never to have a time-specific nick again (Keeper of Disambiguating Semicolons) - Born in the Year of the Lab Rat

Don't worry: I'm just being an etymological nitpick as usual.

Atheism

Post 4

amazingMoonlight

smiley - tongueout As a athiest I like the saying "you can not tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks." Or as Salman Rushdie says "I don't believe in God because I don't believe in Mother Goose." To clarify things I will end with the comment that "With all the darkness in the universe there is not enough to extinguish the light of one small candle."smiley - bubbly

Atheism

Post 5

Andy_the_unimpressed

I think Terry Pratchett got it right with his idea that everyone would get what they beleived was coming to them,rather than what they deserved when they die...so much more ironic,which appeals to me!smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post