This is the Message Centre for Metal Chicken

Snapshots of 2013 - NaJoPoMo2013 Day 9

Post 1

Metal Chicken

For the last 7 years or more, my spare time has been filled with reading text books, writing essays and attending tutorials - not to mention listening to, analysing and writing music as part of my studies with the Open University.

This year it finally paid off as I completed my final module and was able to claim my BA in Humanities with Music, with upper second class honours. Whether or not I use my new qualification in future career moves, I have learned a huge amount about a subject I'm genuinely interested in, I've been exposed to an enormous range of music I wouldn't otherwise have heard and finally, after a lifetime of active musicianship I actually have a degree with the word 'Music' in the title.

Not wanting to miss out on a chance to dress up and drink bubbly, I was happy to attend the degree ceremony at Manchester's Bridgewater Hall. My academic robes were trimmed with light blue and gold, very nice but not a patch on the sparkly gold trimmed robe of the vice chancellor who did a grand job of welcoming each graduate enthusiastically onto the stage for a handshake and a moment of applause to celebrate the achievement. Took a long time to get here but I think it was worth all the effort smiley - smiley

Post 2

Witty Moniker

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Post 3

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

Well done MC.

Hope one day I can congratulate you personally.

smiley - cheers

MMF

smiley - musicalnote

Post 4

You can call me TC

Oh congratulations. Fancy finding time to post a journal on such an auspicious day. smiley - hugsmiley - profsmiley - musicalnote

Post 5

You can call me TC

Sorry, that sounded insincere. I really mean Well Done and Good For You!

smiley - profsmiley - applause

Post 6

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

May your "lifetime of active musicianship" keep giving you rewards and pleasure, and Well done Metal chicken! !!

Post 7

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Metal Chicken

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more