This is the Message Centre for Researcher 79523

won't...

Post 1

kats-eyes (psychically confirmed caffeine addict)

...hurt you, I mean smiley - winkeye.
Just wanted to say hi and welcome!
k*

Don't worry...

Post 2

Researcher 79523

Don't worry, I'm over all that now...

Just thinking who I'm becoming and who those bullies are becoming is enough to settle the score.

I don't think I've been scarred for life or anything...

I've only hit someone violently (well, with a violent intent, I hit like a girl) once, and the guy wasn't showing any bruises or anything the next day.

That's mostly what convinced me that violence wasn't a solution for me.

But I like imagined violence like videogames.

I'm sane enough to understand the difference, but I derive satisfaction (and FUN) from those games, as well as from non-violent games.

I think that most computer users understand that too, so I won't stress this point here, but if you can convince one person around you who thinks violent video games should be banned that they're in error, that will have been a good thing.

This is not just a reply, it's a post for anyone who wants to read it.
(to the researcher I'm replying to : bet you never thought I could reply with such a long message, did you?)

I will even go as far as saying that some of the people defusing their frustrations on violent videogames (and violent movies and TV, for that matter) might start getting really violent if they're deprived of imaginary violence. I can't prove this, but it seems possible. Maybe not everyone, but I think there would be a bit more violence if there were no violent games/movies/tv. Now that could be a good debate...

I wonder if someone will read this...
And add intelligently to this debate...
Maybe I should have started a new thread...
Oh well...

Don't worry...

Post 3

kats-eyes (psychically confirmed caffeine addict)

I read, and I believed you could reply with that long a message - and I do believe that you could start a debate over videogame-violence - in "askh2g2", link to be found on the startpage smiley - winkeye.
I hereby admit at having at one point vented my frustrations in playing "duke nukem"... smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Researcher 79523

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more