This is the Message Centre for Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

30th Century Fox

Post 1

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Have you seen the new Fox clip? Is it a joke or have they decided to jump the gun and rename the company to something that will last them for the whole millenium? (Do they really expect to last that long?)

30th Century Fox

Post 2

Olli

Its not a joke
its re-branding

30th Century Fox

Post 3

Berkeley

They've been running '30th Century Fox' at the end of 'Futurama' since it began. It makes sense in context, since 'Futurama' is set in the 30th Century, is made by Fox and airs on Fox.

Well, over here it does; I'd imagine that it's been wasted on Sky back in Blighty.

30th Century Fox

Post 4

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nah, we got it too!

30th Century Fox

Post 5

Peregrin

I think it's a great touch. I've turned Futurama mad, but they've just finished screening the first series here on Sky One... and as soon as it ended, started repeating it. Bizarre. I don't know when they're going to let us see the second series, anyone know?
Regarding Xth Century Fox, I'm wondering what they will call themselves after New Year's.

30th Century Fox

Post 6

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Well, this may be a "whale tumor" story, but I heard there's a courtcase going on between the Fox network and a guy who copyrighted "21st Century Fox" back about 1971... He wants a heap of cash, they don't want to pay up and say this is an example of "malicious copyrighting" and therefore under current US legislation he could be forced to give up the trademark. He, in turn, contends that since he copyrighted it before the legislation came into force they have no case. Or this could just be some bollocks I heard in the pub... I can't be bothered to do a web search - maybe someone else has more time on their hands smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more