A Conversation for Sexton Blake: The (Other) Greatest British Consulting Detective

Peer Review: A6124998 - Sexton Blake: The (Other) Greatest British Consulting Detective

Post 1

sextonblake

Entry: Sexton Blake: The (Other) Greatest British Consulting Detective - A6124998
Author: sextonblake - U2218967

I've been talked into writing this overview of Sexton Blake by the Eds! Hope you like it!

A6124998 - Sexton Blake: The (Other) Greatest British Consulting Detective

Post 2

McKay The Disorganised

Great Entry smiley - applausesmiley - cheers

Took me right back smiley - cry

Is my memory wandering or was there a radio series as well - it was the 'Calling Sexton Blake - Calling Sexton Blake' amde me think of it.

smiley - cider

Post 3

Smij - Formerly Jimster

And we're overjoyed to have this entry on our radar. One of my friends raves over the original TV series but I've never been able to find anyone who had copies. Now at least we can look at the background to the stories themselves smiley - smiley

Post 4

Paully

One little typo I've spotted - Adolph Hitler should of course be Adolf.

smiley - smiley

Paully

Post 5

frenchbean

What's a 'consulting detective'? It might be helpful to have an explanation somewhere near the beginning.

Good entry smiley - smiley

Post 6

Paully

Yes, with a quick footnote as to the definition of a 'consulting detective', this must surely be pretty much ready? smiley - smiley And either the original author (if he's still around) or the Sub-Editor can add that, I think...

Paully

Post 7

Smij - Formerly Jimster

As this was written at my request by an expert on the subject, I'd be happy to see this recommended and for us to do the minimal edits in-house.

Post 8

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Consider it done.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Post 11

echomikeromeo

Huzzah!smiley - applause

Post 12

McKay The Disorganised

smiley - ok

smiley - cider

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sexton Blake: The (Other) Greatest British Consulting Detective

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more