This is the Message Centre for The Fish

bioluminescent fish

Post 1

TAP- the peaceful ancient alien-

since its an absolute obsession of mine i wondered what you thought of the shiney fish?
i studied marine biology and the actual fish bit was the only interesting bit!! typical really!
so why you hooked on fish?
sorry, this hasn't been too coherent....i'm very hungover!

bioluminescent fish

Post 2

The Fish

Well to be totally honest... I'm not really smiley - smiley

What I mean is, I'm not totally obsessed with fish... I just kinda like them...smiley - smiley I have an outside Pond, which is kind of big.. Well it's actually deeper than it is wide. And I've only got about 10 fish in there. But they seem to like it. There's also a load of frogs in there, and alot of tadpoles for them to eat... But I don't have any tanks or anything...

They are great to watch though, their lives seem alot less complicated than ourssmiley - smiley

As for the "Shiney Fish", sorrysmiley - sadface but I've not heared of it before...

What do you do then? (I mean, as you studied marine bio')???

bioluminescent fish

Post 3

well the sciencey bit is quite boring but bascially certain marine organism, partically deep wayer give off bioluminescent light.....its great to watch and the shape can be rather fantastical. i'll be posting some pictures soon...once i get sorted with my page!
i'd love to have some real fish but i move about too much....in the future though!!

bioluminescent fish

Post 4

The Fish

I disagree... The "Sciency" bit always fascinates me!smiley - smiley

I've seen some forms of "bioluminescent" fish and other critters on Tele. Like the ones that use coloured light patterns in their skin to communicate. But unfortunately I haven't "seen" any yet. One day I hope to do some scuba diving around some coral reefs and things sometimes... It's just finding the time and moneysmiley - winkeye

smiley - fish

bioluminescent fish

Post 5

well they "shine" as a bi-product of energy production....i went diving in the med and the plankton and night glimmer when you run your hand through the water at night. its like throwing glitter infront of you!
very cool!

bioluminescent fish

Post 6

sorry i'm quite tired....that came out totally wrong! you know what i meant to say though.....smiley - smiley

bioluminescent fish

Post 7

The Fish

*Is experianced at understanding people when tired...*

smiley - smiley

Yes I know what you mean... I bet is was!smiley - smiley

When did you go there?

smiley - fish

bioluminescent fish

Post 8

well i actually live there in the holidays. my parents live in Malta and i get to go down to visit!
i learnt to dive 6 years ago and thats what got me into my degree.
its a great place to dive

bioluminescent fish

Post 9

The Fish

smiley - smiley

It would be nice to have a place in somewhere like that.smiley - smiley

I've got a friend who's from Malta. She goes there on holiday sometimes and the locals seem to like joking in Maltese, but look quite shocked when she laughssmiley - winkeye She looks abit too English to look local...smiley - smiley

What have you done with your degree then? I mean... what are you doing? Job wise? If you don't mind me asking...smiley - smiley

smiley - fish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Fish

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more