A Conversation for Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

bEER

Post 1

Dudemeister

Can you buy a six-pack of beer (real beer) to take home, without leaving the state?

hmmm

Post 2

Shali

well, maybe.
I live in Utah, and if you are
1. Underage
2. Look underage
3. Or were once underage

Then NO!
if you want beer, try Wyoming
(Home of drive in liquor stores, I kid you not)

hmmm

Post 3

Dudemeister

Is there a lot of drunk driving then?

hmmm

Post 4

Dudemeister

I mean in Utah.

hmmm

Post 5

marvthegrate LtG KEA

The only time people drive drunk here is between the hours of Midnight and 2:00 am. This is because the bars close at 1:00 But you can get a beer in some *Private* clubs. Read my page on it.

hmmm

Post 6

Dudemeister

I did a couple of weeks ago - in horror - My thought was that this must make it dangerous to be driving at night.

hmmm

Post 7

marvthegrate LtG KEA

At time this is certainly the case. But there are always the overpriced Taxis that you have to call for, it is illegal to hail a cab in SLC.

hmmm

Post 8

Dudemeister

Why is it illegal - there must be a reason?

hmmm

Post 9

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I don't know. But when my father used to drive a taxi a law stated you had to carry a bail of hay and some oats in your cab at all times to feed to your horse. This law was still in effect in the 60's when my pop was driving.

hmmm

Post 10

marvthegrate LtG KEA

To answer your first question, you can go to the state run liquor store and get a six pack but it is *very* expensive. $11.00 for a six of Corona Extra, my favorite beer.

hmmm

Post 11

bobpalin

It's been several years since this conversation was active but these days in Utah most gas stations seem to sell beer, the 3.2 sort I assume. I have found stronger and better beer in stores attached to hotels. smiley - ale

hmmm

Post 12

marvthegrate LtG KEA

The only places in Utah that you can find greater than 3.2 (by volume 45 by weight) beer is in the State Liquor stores or at private clubs/restaurants.

Key: Complain about this post