A Conversation for Walthamstow, London, UK

Walthamstow culture

Post 1

Goose

There is a major omission from the entry.

In the early history of this small town in the outer rim of the London metropolitan area, a song was jointly commisioned by the walthamstow tourist office and the Association of Fish and Chip Shop Owners (AFCSO) to represent the diversity of life there. The song was entitled Walthamstow and related a romantic story of a young, motorcycle-riding rocker (Greasy Joe) and his short lived romance with a biker chick (Ann). The "Barron" were awarded the honour of recording this masterpiece. For their services rendered, they found themselves on the New Year's honours list and ever since were known as the "Barron Knights".

Walthamstow culture

Post 2

DelphicOracle

"He was keen
Shot up the High Street like Barry Sheen..."

And all to the tune of "Angelo" by the Brotherhood of Man. I remember it well. Too well, in fact.

Actually, I will be singing this all day now whether I want to or not. I hope you're pleased with yourself, 44308... smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more