This is the Message Centre for Lost in Scotland

Insurance

Post 1

Lost in Scotland

Car insurance. Good thing to have, since you're not permitted to drive your car without one. I've just waited three weeks for the insurance company to send me my insurance papers. They've already gotten my money for the insurance, is it then too much to ask for that they send the papers to sign? Apparently, it is. After almost three weeks of waiting for my insurance papers, I got a letter from the insurance company yesterday, telling me that since I hadn't returned the form I had to signn for them to be able to take money from my account on a regular basis, they hadn't sent out my papers. Well, if they had actually sent out the form to sign, I would have gladly signed it for them. Now I have to wait even longer for my official insurance papers to arrive. *sigh*

Insurance

Post 2

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Hi. I work for a health insurance company in the U.S., but I was thinking of switching to auto insurance. It's interesting to learn that the beaurocracy of the insurance industry occurs all the way across the ocean; I wonder if it is a world-wide or perhaps even universal thing. One of the headaches of living in the U.S. is that unless you are very poor or very old, you either have to get health insurance via your employer or purchase it yourself. I work on correcting claims processing errors that my company makes and try to apologize for the inconvience to our customers. I hope that you receive your auto insurance papers soon. I have been thinking of taking a trip to Great Britain. I have secret hopes of snapping a photo of the Loch Ness Monster, but I probably have greater odds of winning a lottery. I like your page; it is interesting unlike mine. I will work to improve mine sometime in the near future.

Insurance

Post 3

Lost in Scotland

Hello, there.
Well, I think that if I'm lucky, I'll get the insurance papers either tomorrow (friday) or saturday, in which case it's only taken them three weeks and a few days to get it right. The funny thing is that after about a week from when I called them, I got the notification that they would withdraw this and that much money from my account each month, so they got one thing right in this whole thing, anyways.
The problem is that a lot of times, you just can't be bothered to do anything about these "mishaps" because you know it'll happen again... And again... And again...

A trip to the UK is never to be underestimated. Just try to remember that if you think of going to Scotland, bring water proofs.smiley - smiley Good luck of getting a snapshot of Nessie while you're over here.smiley - smiley

Insurance

Post 4

Lost in Scotland

Update on the insurance...

August 2nd: Still haven't gotten the papers, so I'm still illegaly using my car. But after all, it's only been since the 29th of June since I renewed the insurance policy...

Insurance

Post 5

Lost in Scotland

Another update:
August 24th. Still no papers from the insurance company.

Insurance

Post 6

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

In the U.S., the state governments have departments which oversee insurance. I would check whether there is a government office for this and contact them. Also, if you call the insurance company, I would insist on speaking to a manager and having your papers sent overnight delivery, although this type of strategy may only work in the U.S.. Good luck smiley - smiley.

Insurance

Post 7

Lost in Scotland

Well, I know that I would have gotten the papers if I had just called the insurance company and told them to send the papers. I just haven't been home from work before their phone hours end, and I always forget to bring the details to work to call from there...

Insurance

Post 8

smiley - smiley I do that sort of thing myself. Why can't our work ours be scheduled around our personal lives, instead of the other way around?

Insurance

Post 9

Lost in Scotland

That's a really good question. smiley - smiley
And what is it with opening hours of stores? Why do they have to close so early (most stores close at 5:30 pm here) that you never get to get any shopping done for regular stuff? The only stores open after 6pm here are the supermarkets. And they're no fun.

Key: Complain about this post