This is the Message Centre for Lost in Scotland

Snow.

Post 201

Lost in Scotland

True. My cousin is an amateur astronomer and his dad is an amateur photographer. Can you imagine when the two of them get together?smiley - smiley There are a lot of really good pictures from solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, comets, stars and galaxies in their household. And the times I've tagged along to watch the stars, I've been awestruck.

Snow.

Post 202

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

I'm quiet lucky were i live because i'm on the outskirts of the town where there are few lights to destract from the beauty of the night sky!smiley - smiley

Snow.

Post 203

Lord Falk LeGrey

I live in a small town too but there is still too much light, except if go wander in the woods... We have a lot of them... smiley - winkeye

Snow.

Post 204

Lost in Scotland

But if you go wandering in the woods, doesn't the trees make it harder to see the stars??

Snow.

Post 205

Lord Falk LeGrey

Not really. There are some secret forest clearings which make a good view on the nightsky. smiley - winkeye Cliffs are also very good places and from there you're able too see far places at night. It is funny how far little candle light can show on dark night... smiley - biggrin

Snow.

Post 206

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

There is a place in the west coast called Caradale where you can sit on the beach and on a good day see out to Ireland and there is a cliff near by and i would love to sit on that beach and watch the sunset & the stars come out it would be magic & i love it there!

Candel light is suprisingly magical as well!!

Snow.

Post 207

Lord Falk LeGrey

Oh, do you candle lights? Now in Winter time it is always so dark in here so it makes a good atmosphere when you burn candles. smiley - smiley When I'm alone at home I usually shut all the lights from the house and use candles instead. smiley - winkeye People come very suspicious from time to time since they already think that I'm a lunatic. smiley - laugh

Snow.

Post 208

Lost in Scotland

Yes, candles are a good way of setting a good mood when alone.
Halo, is that Caradale north or south of the Clyde? Sounds like a good place to go to when one feels like going somewhere quiet and calming, even if it is by the sea.

There's a place here in town called Lyle Hill where I've gone a couple of times to just be on my own for a while, to be able to shut out all of the daily troubles and jus tthink of nothing. It's got a great view over the river Clyde and beyond, towards the hills and mountains on the other side.

Snow.

Post 209

Candles are very nice i just love the warth that they bring to a room!

Caradale is well i can't tell you exactley but go to this link & it will show you!

http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?X=181000&Y=638000&gride=&gridn=&width=700&height=400&client=M6&db=hcgaz&scale=25000&scale=25000&down.x=16&down.y=17

I just love the place it's so peaceful and I've been going there every now & again since i was about 3 and it's like a home away from home!smiley - smiley

Snow.

Post 210

Lord Falk LeGrey

I have many places to go from here if I want a peaceful atmosphere. Since I know the nearby woods very good it is always easy just to disappear if you need. smiley - winkeye Now when school has started again, there is sometimes time to make some trips to forest. You have to be fast always because it gets so dark very soon. Heh, like having a competion with the sun. smiley - vampiresmiley - laugh

Snow.

Post 211

Lost in Scotland

I have to say that I haven't been too bothered in finding any place that's good for relaxing since I got here.

Halo, do you know how you get to Carraadale? Do you go by ferry from somewhere, or do you go by car all the way?

Snow.

Post 212

Car of course if you don't you miss out on miles of beautiful scenery!
From Glasgow Go to campbelltown the just go up the coast!smiley - smiley

Why you thinking of having a look?

Snow.

Post 213

Lost in Scotland

Well, I thought that since it's not too far away from where I live, I might as well have a look and see what it's like. Could be good for a day trip some day. smiley - smiley

Snow.

Post 214

Might be better as a long weekend although a day trip could work!

Snow.

Post 215

Lost in Scotland

Day trip that starts really early.smiley - smiley a saturday or sunday or something....

Snow.

Post 216

Saturday!

Snow.

Post 217

Lord Falk LeGrey

Have a nice trip! smiley - biggrin
We are going to Stocholm next month with school. Huh, everyone will be drunk so I don't know if the ferry trip is so nice... smiley - winkeye

Snow.

Post 218

Lost in Scotland

I'll have to go there on a saturday, then.smiley - smiley

Snow.

Post 219

Good you'll enjoy it! and if you go into the wood at the back of the beach you can see loads of dragonflies and things like that!smiley - smiley

Its the best place ever and it's filled with loads of old memories like of my grandpa and my little sister falling in the burn and stuff like that!smiley - smileysmiley - laugh

Snow.

Post 220

Lost in Scotland

So, I'll be looking for memories of your sister and grandfather, then?smiley - winkeye

I think I'll have to get exploring a bit more this year, as I'll have a decent car, instead of the pile of junk I'm driving around in now. So I will try to go on some treks and play touristy and all that.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Lost in Scotland

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more