This is the Message Centre for Afgncaap5

Holy Freakin' Cow, I Just Made A Book!

Post 1

Afgncaap5

At exactly 5:50 PM, Central Time, today, (twenty minutes ago) I finished the rough draft of a book!

It only took 10.5 months, but I finished my NaNoWriMo project. That may not count as a "win", but I'm elated. smiley - biggrin

I'm gonna hit the town and do some low-budget celebrating. Then I'll come back and watch Glee. Then I'll forget about the book for a week.

Then I edit.

...yay?

Post 2

Witty Moniker

Most definitely... YAY! smiley - boing

Good for you. Do you think you can publish it?

Oh, and I am looking forward to Glee, too. The pilot was hilarious. Good character development for a first episode.

Post 3

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Well done Affy!

Post 4

Afgncaap5

Thanks. As for publishing, that's hard to say. On the one hand, it's not exactly the stuff of high literature. But on the other hand, I've always felt that high literature was way overrated anyway.

I won't make any decisions about publishing until I've polished the book up significantly. The market might just not be ready to encounter christmas ninjas, snow wights or Gimmel the Golem.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Afgncaap5

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more