wet and moist

Post 2

Ashley

I think it means wet and cold rather than crisp and dry

Possibly

wet and moist

Post 3

Mimyal

Very very wet......... and cold.... right.

wet and moist

Post 4

Scarp

But "moist" means slightly wet, damp. It doesn't have anything to do with temperature.

Cold

Post 5

Mimyal

It did mention cold later in the sentence if I remember right..... ...Yes cold winds... But the summers are nice and spring time.... and yes I could go on, but you already read the article, no?
>:<

Cold

Post 6

Clemens

... summers are wet and moist!
Somwhere I read something about an average temperature of 23 C in July. How can you get such an average without even reaching it? Probably this is the worst summer Sweden had for a century and I choose it for a stay. Well, extended spring from march to september is not the worst thing that can happen and there is still hope left.

Cold

Post 7

Plundis

In fact, the weather has been far better in August.. so..

Cold

Post 8

Clemens

Thats so true. But I had a much warmer day in September in Germany and even today at the end of September we have temperatures here which were unheard of in July in Sweden.
But I have to admit, that July was lousy in Germany, too. And I have to admit, that summer in Sweden can be very, very nice.
Clemens

Cold

Post 9

OB1 Knordic - The Empire strikes back(c)

I have spent my coldest winter in goteborg, when it was -20c and all I had on was jeans and a light top ! Boy did I suffer then next day (New Years Day) !

Beautiful citie though, the Garbo cafe serves some very very fine food.

Warning about Sweden : Be careful to remember where you left your coat/jacket !

Cold and etc

Post 10

Mimyal

I think the temperatures refer to day time averages rather than night time. I am not quite sure, it is almost like it wasn't me who wrote this article at all.

Maybe I should put in some amendments. Linguistic clarifications are needed in many places.

But I am still in Britain. Gothenburg is my 'home' though.

/Mim

Cold and etc

Post 11

stockis

I think you forgot to mention in your article that in gothenburg autumn starts in september and ends in may...
The natives have actually adapted to a life in a steady drizzle, half-hearted wind from the sea and walking around in a salted slush-puppie excuse for snow.

Cold and etc

Post 12

Izzybelle

How true! smiley - biggrin
The approach to real Scandinavian, snowy winters is surprise... Trams won´t work and busses will be late due to 3 cm of snow... Winter is not the best time of year in Gothenburg. But we still love our town.

smiley - zoom
Izzybelle

Cold and etc

Post 13

Mimyal

Maybe it is how I like it. Rain and clouds. About to move to Seattle soon. Known for its wet weather smiley - smiley

Cold and etc

Post 14

Izzybelle

Well there is nothing like horizontal rain, blowing in from the sea!smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more