A Conversation for Dalriada - or The Highlands of Scotland. (work in progress)

Scottish Researchers in The Guide, submit username here for a mention.

Post 21

neesk

Hi,
I'm neesk. I was born in Scotland and I live in Scotland, in a little town called Linlithgow - which is midway between Edinburgh and Glasgow. Linlithgow isn't very exiting, but we have a lot of history - for instance Linlithgow palace was where Mary Queen of Scots was born.

Anything else you want to know, just ask smiley - smiley.

neesk

Post 22

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Malgor and Neesk,

Thanks for the pointers, will probably be in touch soon, but in the meantime will include your names in list of Scottish researchers, It would help immensely if you come across any other scots in the guide to pop over, as the list is a little on the small side at the moment.

Post 23

Bran the Explorer

Hi

You might like to have a look at my entry on History of the Celts (A207479) to see if it would be relevant as a link for the work in progress.

I'm only descended from Macneil (great great grandfather), so can't really claim to be Scottish. Still ...

Cheers
Bran

Post 24

Taipan - Jack of Hearts

Hi Bran,

I've included the link in 'Important Events' and appointed you an Honorary Scot in 'Scottish Researchers' hope this is ok.

Post 25

Bran the Explorer

I'm flattered!!
Cheers
Bran

Post 26

AlistairL

I'm Scottish, and born in Scotland. So there.

Post 27

88425 (...older, and yet LESS wiser...???)

Me too, me too. I'm Scottish - from Dundee, in Dundee now, probably never going to leave the damn place!

Post 28

Wireman

And me, and me... but I live in London (which is OK once you get to know it, really). I'm still blundering around in the dark around here (the Guide) but I log in and snoop around most nights.
Pleased to meet you all.

Post 29

Cidhis - Mask

Born and raised on the Islands smiley - smiley
now living south of the border smiley - sadface

Post 30

Sam

Born in East Kilbride, raised of Scottish parents (East Kilbride, Blantyre) and was brought up to be 'Scottish'. I have lived, however, in England all of my life and I have an English accent. I support, without hesitation, instinctively, Scotland, whenever they play football, and never England, though I like England, and many who she produced. I'm also on the Editorial Team, so not strictly a Researcher.
If asked, I describe myself as Scottish.

Am I eligible for inclusion?

I await your judgement...

Samsmiley - smiley

Post 31

Lost in Scotland

This list is for people of Scottish heritage, right? I don't qualify for it in the least, having been born, bred and raised in Sweden by Swedish parents. I do live in Scotland now, though and I have no intention (at the moment, at least) to leave, even though I live in what is considered one of Britain's ten worst areas to live in.There was even a londoner that said he though I had a scottish accent when he first met me. The fact that most scots think I have an American (or in some cases Irish) accent is a completely different matter.

Post 32

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It occurred to me that a small cross-posting might be in order, for the benefit of Scottish Researchers who don't read the front page...

There's a Scottish Researchers "Event" being planned at http://www.h2g2.com/A380440smiley - bigeyes

Post 33

Eatsmice.

Scottish....Now live in Cummingston (where?) by way of Glasgow, England (over-rated), Burghead (excellent beach...mind the Picts) and have managed to check out a fair bit of the planet in between times.
What's Channel 5 ?

Post 34

Babel17

Put me down! No, I mean my name, not me physically smiley - smiley
Edin. originally, then around a bit, now Fife.

Key: Complain about this post