This is the Message Centre for Post Team

Post News - Important!

Post 21

echomikeromeo

Well done on your long run with smiley - thepost, lil. I for one know I was lucky to have your help!

smiley - hug

Post News - Important!

Post 22

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Long run?

It only felt like a few months... It was so enjoyable smiley - hug

Post News - Important!

Post 23

Gnomon - time to move on

Does this mean I have to write an article every week now, instead of every fortnight?

Post News - Important!

Post 24

Beatrice

Not unless you want to! They'll obviously be smaller issues, so we wouldn't be aiming to have 10 Regulars every time.

Post News - Important!

Post 25

aka Bel - A87832164

It's why it says in the Editorial that there are no deadlines any more. You just write and submit as you please. smiley - smiley

Post News - Important!

Post 26

Gnomon - time to move on

But if I don't have a deadline, how will I motivate myself to start? I never started writing until the evening of the deadline. This will need a change in the way I think.

Post News - Important!

Post 27

aka Bel - A87832164

I'm sure we can arrange that Bea pokes you. smiley - winkeye

Post News - Important!

Post 28

Beatrice

Oi oi! This isn't Facebook you know!

Post News - Important!

Post 29

aka Bel - A87832164

It's not? smiley - yikes I'd never have noticed if you hadn't told me. smiley - tongueincheek

Post News - Important!

Post 30

Websailor

Gnomon, I am so glad I am not the only one that felt that way. I think I am going to stick to the deadlines as before and smiley - thepost team can do what they want with them.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post News - Important!

Post 31

KB

That's probably the best way, Websailor - if it helps, think of it as getting "half a Post" each week, so the half your column is in is still fortnightly. smiley - smiley

Post News - Important!

Post 32

Beatrice

If you're happy with writing once a fortnight - great! But if you happen to see something amazing that you'd like to tell us all about straight away then this new format gives you that facility.

Speaking as a columnist rather than an ass ed, I know that sometimes I have a week when Max does something funny, I've taken a memorable trip on the bike, there's been an interesting dance event and I've eaten out at a nice restaurant.

Submitting all 4 columns and then letting The Post team decide how to space them out over a number of weeks is much better than a glut one fortnight and then nothing for the next month.

Post News - Important!

Post 33

Websailor

Thanks Bea, that is a thought. Sometimes startling good or bad news surfaces in the Wacky World of Wildlife and it would be nice to write about it while the news is still hot ;-D Not everyone has time to watch all the news bulletins, or read the newspapers, and hopefully a few people will pick up bits of information of interest.

I will bear that in mind Bea, thank you smiley - smiley

Post News - Important!

Post 34

Websailor

Thanks KB, it is always good to hear other people's opinions, isolated as I am at my computer smiley - rofl

Post News - Important!

Post 35

Skankyrich [?]

Some more deadliney thoughts, which may either clairfy or muddy the waters:

F19815?thread=6950809&post=86208201#p86208201

smiley - smiley

Post News - Important!

Post 36

Xarin_Sliron

maybe I should try to get back in the swing of things ... I've been having the worlds longest writers slump and no will to work...maybe all the tests the psycologists set me up for will find out why lol

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Post Team

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more