This is the Message Centre for Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Asking

Post 1

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

J has requested that I formally ask "permission" from her parents to marry her.

Her parents are great people and we get along very well but, the prospect of asking makes my heart go *THUMP*

Asking

Post 2

Hypatia

So, what happens if they say no? Wanting parental approval and needing parental permission are two different things. Sounds a bit too old fashioned for me. But, good luck with it. I'm sure things will work out just fine. smiley - hug

Asking

Post 3

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

They won't say no, J wants me to do this as a way of honoring them.

Asking

Post 4

Witty Moniker

Would asking for their blessing (rather than their permission) be acceptable to all parties involved?

Asking

Post 5

More than likely, doesn't stop my heart thumping though smiley - smiley

Asking

Post 6

Santragenius V

smiley - goodlucksmiley - smiley

Asking

Post 7

So I am thinking I might do this:

We go to dinner with her parents. She excuses herself from the table for a few minutes, I ask their permission AND blessing (which I should get), when she gets back I formally ask her to marry me.

Thoughts?

Asking

Post 8

Witty Moniker

I like that, as long as J doesn't mind being proposed to in front of her parents and a restaurant full of people. Will you let the wait staff in on the proposal? They could make a little announcement, maybe bring some champagne to the table.

Asking

Post 9

Hypatia

We're all different. You know Jen and we don't. If that would please her,then go for it. smiley - biggrin If it would embarrass her, then don't.

Asking

Post 10

Permission and blessing obtained! They don't make a smiley big enough on this site.

Asking

Post 11

Teuchter

Well Done smiley - ok

Asking

Post 12

Santragenius V

Fab smiley - somersault & smiley - bubbly

Asking

Post 13

Hypatia

Did you propose in the restaurant? smiley - smiley We need details.

Asking

Post 14

I formally asked her in private, she said yes. smiley - smiley

Asking

Post 15

Hypatia

Lovely. I'm so pleased for you both. smiley - hug

Asking

Post 16

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

smiley - biggrin So pleased for you both smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more