This is the Message Centre for Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Computer Licensing

Post 1

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Can we institute a Computer Users Licensing program? Basic requirements would be:

1. Must have knowledge of the difference between a CD tray and a cup holder.
2. Must know that the search bar is not the same as the address bar in any browser.
3. Knowing that the monitor is not the computer and the computer is not the modem.
4. Must know that you do not download programs from a CD or DVD, you install them.

Computer Licensing

Post 2

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

I think this is a great idea...

Another possible requirement would be:
Knowing that the base unit is neither the hard drive nor the CPU and that both are contained within.

Computer Licensing

Post 3

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

There are many more requirements, the ones I listed are non-negotiable.

Computer Licensing

Post 4

Hypatia

Error messages are not "oracles". smiley - sigh

Computer Licensing

Post 5

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Repeatedly clicking an icon will not make the program start any faster.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more